FSpS:e029 Self Defence - Course Information
e029 Self DefenceFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Martin Bugala, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jitka Čihounková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Bc. Jan Novák (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Michal Vít, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Michal Vít, Ph.D.
Division of Combatives - Department of Gymnastics and Combatives - Faculty of Sports Studies
Contact Person: Mgr. Andrea Kakulidu
Supplier department: Division of Combatives - Department of Gymnastics and Combatives - Faculty of Sports Studies
- No prerequisites
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Multidisciplinary studies (programme FSpS, KOS)
- Multidisciplinary studies at Faculty of Sport Studies (programme CST, KOS)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquire basis self-defence skills and knowledge on tactics, psychology and conditioning in self-defence.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course student should be able to - show basic self-defence techniques according to subject curriculum - understand and apply basic strategical, tactical and technical principles of self-defence - solve basic model self-defence situation
- Strategical, tactical and technical principles of self-defence Selection of techniques in self-defence conditions of necessary defence in the Czech republic Basic combative techniques - punches - Jab/ right cross - Hook - Uppercut - kicks - Low kick - Round kick - throws - O goshi - Ippon seoi nage - Osoto gari - joint locks - ikkyo - nikyo - kote gaeshi - Shiho nage Defence against grasp Defence against hug Defence against choke Defence against punch Defence against kick Model self-defence situation
- recommended literature
- VÍT, Michal, Zdenko REGULI and Jitka CHVÁTALOVÁ. Základy osobní sebeobrany (Basics of self-defence). Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2012. ISBN 978-80-210-5784-5. info
- KIPP, Bill. Turning fear into power : how to prevail in verbal confrontations and against physical assaults. Boulder, Colo.: Paladin Press, 2005. 253 p. ISBN 1581604882. info
- THOMPSON, Geoff. The fence : the art of protection. Chichester: Summersdale, 1998. 96 s. ISBN 1840240849. info
- Teaching methods
- Explication, exercises, drills
- Assessment methods
- Practical demonstration of basic combative techniques
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.