FSS:PSYb1460 Mental Health - Course Information
PSYb1460 Mental HealthFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- PhDr. Roman Hytych, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Barbora Kučerová (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Tomáš Řiháček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Tomáš Řiháček, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Tomáš Řiháček, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
- ! PSY146 Mental Health
This course has no formal prerequisites. Students are expected to be active in seminars, engage in self-development activities and test various methods of mental hygiene in practice.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 38 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of this course is practical: to provide students with an opportunity for self-development and sharing of experience, to stimulate openness towards new experience and search for one's own methods of mental hygiene. The course is based on an experiential approach and contains practical exercises (such as relaxaton training), reflected experience, and discussion.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course student will be able to:
- formulate their own goal in the framework of mental hygiene and personal growth
- work independently on its fulfilment using techniques and procedures of mental hygiene
- apply various techniques and methods of mental health and self-development in their daily life
- Introduction: personal goal
- Psychosomatic connections
- Relaxation techniques
- The technique of "four anchorings"
- Mental hygiene in the environmental context
- Working with will
- Coping strategies and emotional management
- Inspirations from positive psychology
- Closure: reflection
- (The list is only indicative. For the specific content in a given semester see the Interactive syllabus of the course.)
- BEDRNOVÁ, Eva. Duševní hygiena a sebeřízení : pro vysokoškoláky a mladé manažery. 1. vyd. Praha: Fortuna, 1999. 157 s. info
- KŘIVOHLAVÝ, Jaro. Jak zvládat stres. Praha: Grada, Avicenum, 1994. 190 s. ISBN 8071691216. info
- MELLIBRUDA, Jerzy. Hľadanie seba samého. V Bratislave: Smena, 1987. info
- MÍČEK, Libor. Duševní hygiena. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1984. 207 s. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture, skill training, discussion, reading, diary keeping.
- Assessment methods
- Two semester papers and a colloquium.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Teacher's information
For detailed information, see the Interactive syllabus.