FSS:SANb1004 Ethnographic Methods and Field - Course Information
SANb1004 Ethnographic Methods and Field Research: SeminarFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 9 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Mgr. et Mgr. Adéla Souralová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Kateřina Čanigová (seminar tutor)
Ing. Soňa Enenkelová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. et Mgr. Adéla Souralová, Ph.D.
Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. et Mgr. Adéla Souralová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
- ( SANb1003 Ethnographic Methods || SAN108 Ethnographic Methods ) && ! SAN109 Ethnographic Methods and Field Research: Seminar
interest in the subject
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/25, only registered: 0/25, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/25
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Social Anthropology (programme FSS, B-SAN) (5)
- Course objectives
- To introduce key methodological concepts in social anthropology and to try the selectec methods in praxis
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be able to indentify key research methods in social anthropology, and propose suitable method for a particular setting or topic of research. She will be aware as to how time, money and emotionally demanding each method may be.
- Please, follow the study catalogue for your immatriculation cohort!
- required literature
- HAMMERSLEY, Martyn a Paul ATKINSON. Ethnography: principles in practice. 3rd ed. London: Routledge, 2007. ISBN 978-0-415-39605-9.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class discussion, group projects, presentations by professionals in the sectors, homework, reading
- Assessment methods
- Please, follow the sylabus of the relevant cohort.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: !SAN109 && !NOW(SAN109).