PrF:DSDFRA3 Second language - French - Course Information
DSDFRA3 Second language - FrenchFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Kateřina Sedláčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kateřina Chudová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Kateřina Sedláčková, Ph.D.
Language Centre, Faculty of Law Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Lenka Pavlíková
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 28 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is not focused on the complex mastery of a foreign language in all its components (reading, writing, speaking, listening), but exclusively on the ability to read, respectively. understanding professional texts, especially professional literature and case law. The aim is to develop such skills that students will be able to use foreign sources in their professional scientific activities, especially in the preparation of the dissertation, including the use of language aids (dictionaries, electronic translators and other electronic aids). The course is not aimed at the knowledge of a foreign language as such, but only at the ability to use foreign-language professional resources.
- Learning outcomes
- The output should be the ability of the student to understand foreign-language scientific texts on a level that can be used in his / her professional work, even if it is using language tools (dictionaries and translators, including electronic ones).
- It will be determined individually according to the research focus of the dissertation and according to the level of previous knowledge of the language.
- Vincent J., Guillien R.: Lexique des termes juridiques. Dalloz. Paříž. 2001
- Teaching methods
- Independent study of specialized literature connected with the theme of doctoral thesis. Consultations with the examiner before the examination. Analysis and interpretation of documents.
- Assessment methods
- Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes: The course-unit credit is awarded on the basis of an assessment of the ability to understand the content of a scientific text from the field of dissertation research
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2022/DSDFRA3