PrF:MV808K Legal Aid for Victims of Crime - Course Information
MV808K Legal Clinic - Legal Aid for Victims of CrimeFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Martina Grochová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Vlastimil Vitoul (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. JUDr. Marek Fryšták, Ph.D.
Department of Criminal Law - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Bc. Jana Würzlerová
Supplier department: Lifelong Learning Centre - Commercial Activities Centres - Faculty of Law
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MV808K/01: Mon 27. 2. to Fri 19. 5. each even Monday 16:40–18:10 209
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
Předpokladem pro zápis předmětu je zaslání žádosti o souhlas se zápisem předmětu prostřednictvím aplikace v ISu (Student - Registrace a zápis - Žádost o souhlas). V žádosti je potřeba uvést důvody, proč má student o předmět zájem.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 10 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/10, only registered: 0/10
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Law (programme PrF, M-PPV)
- Course objectives
- Within the course students will be acquainted with the problematic of the rights of the victims of crimes (effective legal regulation, basic psychological aspects etc.). Then led by professionals of the Faculty of Law and Bílý kruh bezpečí, students will be confronted with real cases in order to gain necessary insights for the clinical part of the course. The main objective of both practical and theoretical part of the course is to acquaint students with the practice in the area of aid to victims of crime and to present them work with victims. The both parts are necessary prerequisite for the clinical part itself. The clinical part of the course will have a form of the presence of 1-2 clients of Bílý kruh bezpečí at the seminars. Those clients will clarify their life situation and the students will, under the supervision of professionals, prepare for them proposals of possible procedure leading to aid to victims of crimes.
- 1. Introduction to the problematic, overview of the legal regulation and introduction to the current situation in the Czech Republic 2. Legal measures in the area of the aid to victims of crime and their application 3. Participation of a client of Bílý kruh bezpečí 4. Outputs of students and discussion 5. Participation of a client of Bílý kruh bezpečí 6. Outputs, discussion on possible further development of the situation of client, conclusion
- Power Pointová prezentace, výstupy Bílého kruhu bezpečí (informační letáky, zprávy o šetření, tiskové zprávy, sborníky, souhrnné zprávy, legislativní připomínky apod.)
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical part (introduction to the topic of the clinic, theoretical basis of the problematic, preparation for the clinical part). Clinical part (introduction to case of the client, consultations with lawyers and other professionals from Bílý kruh bezpečí, proposal of the solution to the case of the client. presentation of the proposal of the solution to client, eventual further approach of the case, discussion with other course participants).
- Assessment methods
- Obligatory presence at all seminars (individual study plan is not possible), written output of students.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.