PrF:SOC036 Marketing for Lawyers - Course Information
SOC036 Marketing for LawyersFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Eva Tomášková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Ing. Eva Tomášková, Ph.D.
Department of Financial Law and Economics - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: doc. JUDr. Ing. Michal Radvan, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Financial Law and Economics - Faculty of Law
- Mon 10:00–11:40 S126
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of this lecture is to introduce basic of marketing analysis and utilization marketing approach into management of organization. At the end of this course, students should be able to understand of marketing principles and methods, apply market research, create SWOT analysis and other analysis and apply knowledge at establishing law office.
- 1. Basic principle of marketing, goals of marketing 2. Ways of client segmentation, specification of clients, determination of perspective clients 3. Expectation of clients, communication with clients 4. Measuring of clients satisfaction, strengthen client loyalty 5. Determination position in the market 6. Building propagation and building image 7. Marketing strategies to attract new clients 8. Ways how to get competitive advantage 9. Customer services offered by lawyers 10. Building of effective marketing plan and its implementation 11. Determination of marketing costs
- recommended literature
- Principles of Marketing - available at: http://www.saylor.org/site/textbooks/Principles%20of%20Marketing.pdf
- not specified
- Kotler on marketing : how to create, win, and dominate markets (Orig.) : Marketing podle Kotlera : jak vytvářet a ovládnout nové trhy. info
- Marketing management (Orig.) : Marketing & management : Marketing management : analýza, plánování, realizace a kontrola [Victoria Publishing, 1992] : Marketing management : analýza, plánování, realizace a kontrola [Victoria Publishing, 1995]. info
- PIKE, Steven. Destination Marketing : an integrated marketing communication approach. 1st ed. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2008. xv, 406. ISBN 9780750686495. info
- DOYLE, Peter. Value-based marketing : marketing strategies for corporate growth and shareholder value. 2nd ed. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons, 2008. xii, 367. ISBN 9780470773147. info
- GUMMESSON, Evert. Total relationship marketing : from the 4Ps-- product, price, promotion, place-- of traditional marketing management to the 30Rs-- the thirty relationships- of the new marketing paradigm. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann, 1999. xiii, 281. ISBN 075064463X. info
- TOMCZAK, Torsten and Sven REINECKE. Best practice in marketing - Erfolgsbeispiele zu den vier Kernaufgaben im Marketing. St. Gallen: Thexis, 1998. 269 s. ISBN 3-908545-42-0. info
- Teaching methods
- Teaching methods are lectures and interactive discussion. Lectures are focused on practical application.
- Assessment methods
- There are two requirements for credit gaining. First, students have to solve individual and team tasks. Second, students have to elaborate and present an essay. Theme of this essay has to be up to date and practical oriented.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2019/SOC036