LF:BVCP0121c Food Chemistry I - pr. - Course Information
BVCP0121c Food Chemistry I - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- RNDr. Ondřej Zvěřina, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Pavel Coufalík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Veronika Išová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Ondřej Zvěřina, Ph.D.
Department of Public Health - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: MVDr. Halina Matějová
Supplier department: Department of Public Health - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to acquaint students with chemical role of nutrients and other substances occurring in food raw materials of animal and plant origin and food; explain their changes during processing technology and culinary preparation; explain the methods of instrumental chemical analysis in determination of nutritional components and xenobiotics in foods.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course student is able to: - perform chemical calculations - describe basic methods of food analysis - perform selected analyses
- Chemistry calculations. Volumetric (acidity) and gravimetric (fat) determination. Methods of organic matter decomposition. Determination of Cd and Pb in the food sample. Isolation and hydrolysis of proteins in the food sample. Aminoacids detection in the protein hydrolysate.
- KUBÁŇ, Vlastimil and Petr KUBÁŇ. Analýza potravin. 1. vyd. Brno: Mendelova zemědělská a lesnická univerzita, 2007. 202 s. ISBN 9788073750367. info
- KLOUDA, Pavel. Moderní analytické metody. 2., upr. a dopl. vyd. Ostrava: Pavel Klouda, 2003. 132 s. ISBN 8086369072. info
- Moderní analytické metody cvičení :cvičebnice - soubor pracovních listů. Edited by Pavel Klouda. 1. vyd. Ostrava: Pavel Klouda, 1996. 128 s. ISBN 80-902155-1-3. info
- Teaching methods
- practical training in lab, full attendance, lab protocols
- Assessment methods
- full attendance, all protocols, final test
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses