LF:VLVL9X66c Internal medicine part 6 - Course Information
VLVL9X66c Internal medicine part 6 - Occupational MedicineFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. MUDr. Petr Brhel, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Markéta Petrovová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Petr Malenka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petr Juhas (lecturer)
MUDr. Jiří Lešovský (lecturer)
MUDr. Ondřej Sochor (lecturer)
MUDr. Petr Malenka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Olga Velínová (seminar tutor)
Bohdana Furiková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Petr Brhel, CSc.
Department of Occupational Medicine - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: prof. MUDr. Petr Brhel, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Occupational Medicine - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VLVL9X66c/01: Mon 1. 4. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Tue 2. 4. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Wed 3. 4. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Thu 4. 4. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Fri 5. 4. 7:30–12:20 N02029
VLVL9X66c/02: Mon 18. 3. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Tue 19. 3. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Wed 20. 3. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Thu 21. 3. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Fri 22. 3. 7:30–12:20 N02029
VLVL9X66c/03: Mon 4. 3. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Tue 5. 3. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Wed 6. 3. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Thu 7. 3. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Fri 8. 3. 7:30–12:20 N02029
VLVL9X66c/04: Mon 29. 4. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Tue 30. 4. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Wed 1. 5. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Thu 2. 5. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Fri 3. 5. 7:30–12:20 N02029
VLVL9X66c/05: Mon 27. 5. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Tue 28. 5. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Wed 29. 5. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Thu 30. 5. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Fri 31. 5. 7:30–12:20 N02029
VLVL9X66c/06: Mon 13. 5. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Tue 14. 5. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Wed 15. 5. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Thu 16. 5. 7:30–12:20 N02029, Fri 17. 5. 7:30–12:20 N02029
VLVL9X66c/30: Mon 4. 3. 13:30–16:00 N02029, Wed 6. 3. 13:30–18:30 N02029, Thu 7. 3. 13:30–18:30 N02029, Fri 8. 3. 13:30–18:30 N02029
VLVL9X66c/31: Mon 4. 3. 13:30–16:00 N02029, Wed 6. 3. 13:30–18:30 N02029, Thu 7. 3. 13:30–18:30 N02029, Fri 8. 3. 13:30–18:30 N02029
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VLCH0832c Surgery II - practicals && ( VLFA0822p Pharmacology II - L || VLFA0722p Pharmacology - L )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Teaching is focused on the occupational medicine, occupational diseases and accidents at work. Students become familiar with exposure factors in the working enviroment professional in various sectors of economic activity, the methods of monitoring and evaluation as subsequent health risks. Receive information abouth the most common and serious types of damage to health from work -occupational diseases,job related injuries, work related diseases. Students get acquainted with the principles of the formation and development of selected occupational diseases, their diagnosis, treatment, prevention. They are well informed abouth the legal issues in the field ( czech list of occupational diseases, the duty doctor for suspected occupational diseases, reporting occupational diseases, social and legal consequences of recognition of occupational diseases). After successful completion of the course the student is able to: -assess and explain the relationships and connections between work activity, factors of working environment and subsequent health risks. - apply knowledge and skills gained from clinical occupational health advisory and legislation work in practice - on health at work, assessing fitness for work, organizing company preventive care, implementation of preventive examinations of workers, in preventing and rehabilitation of occupational diseases. - implement and evaluate the basic diagnostic methods in occupational medicine - spirometry, rhinomanometrie, audiometry, stress testing, EKG, finger pletysmografie, cold test. - treat the results of other objectivs investigative methods (EMG, X-ray heart, lung, three-phase scintigraphy, and allergy skin tests) in relation to the criteria of professional disease.
- 1 Introduction: The impact of work and working conditions on the health of workers. The prevention diagnostics, treatment, and medicolegal aspects of diseases caused or exacerbated by working conditions: occupational diseases, accidents at work, work-related diseases. 2 Occupational health services in the Czech Republic. Aims and functions of an occupational health service, types of service Occupational health ethics Knowledge of the work environment, specific workplace hazards Medical examinations: pre-placement, periodic and special medical examinations, occupational history, biological monitoring, medical records Treatment Health education Rehabilitation and resettlement 3 Occupational diseases and toxicology List of occupational diseases (appendix of government decree no. 290/1995) Occupational diseases due to chemical agents, poisoning by lead or a compound of lead, poisoning by a nitro- or amino- or chloroderivate of benzene or of a homologue of benzene, poisoning by organophosphates, poisoning by chemical asphyxiants (carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide) Occupational diseases due to physical agents, work-related cumulative trauma disorders of the hand and arm, hand-arm vibration syndrome, noise induced hearing loss, non-stochastic and stochastic health effects of ionizing radiation, dysbarism, disorders due to heat Occupational lung disorders, pneumoconioses (silicosis, coal workers pneumoconiosis, asbestosis), asthma, extrinsic allergic alveolitis (farmers lung), acute inflammation, malignancy Occupational dermatoses, primary irritant contact dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, neoplasms Occupational infections, infections due to exposure to infected humans or their tissues, infections transmitted from animals to humans (zoonoses), travel-associated infectious diseases 4 Mental health at work 5 The main areas of law relevant to occupational health , workers compensation law
- recommended literature
- Brhel, P., Manoušková, M., Hrnčíř, E. Pracovní lékařství. Základy primární pracovnělékařské péče. 1. vydání. Brno: NCO NZO, 2005, 338 s., ISBN 80-7013-414-3
- Kolektiv (Editoři Brhel P. a Petrovová M.). Kapitoly z pracovního lékařství - soubor seminárních prací. Brno: KPL LF MU, 2013. Dostupné ve výukových materiálech předmětu VLVL9X66c na ISu.
- Náhradní obsah: Rosenstock, L. (ed). Textbook of clinical and environmental medicine. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders, 2005. xviii, 133. ISBN 0-7216-8974-4.
- not specified
- Pelclová D. a kol. Nemoci z povolání a intoxikace. 3., doplněné vydání. Praha: Karolinum, 2014, 316 s. ISBN 978-80-246-2597-3.
- Češka R. a kol. Interna. Praha: Triton 2015, 870 s. ISBN 978-80-7387-423-0.
- Teaching methods
- The teaching process contains lectures, seminars and practice classes. The lecture will take place in the lecture hall of the Dept. of Occupational Medicine (Klinika pracovniho lekarstvi) on the first floor at n. 17, Výstavní street in Brno, from 13:30.
- Assessment methods
- 80% presence is required. For each issue is group discussion. Practical training - implementation and evaluation of basic diagnostic methods in occupational medicine. Occupational medicine is finished by the colloquium, an oral interview of one of the 20 questions. If you have any questions please contact us by email - sekr.kpl(at)fnusa.cz or petr.malenka(at)fnusa.cz
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 45.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- VLRL11XX Family Medicine and Geriatrics
(VLFA0822p || VLFA0722p) && VLNE9X1p && VLPY9X1p && VSDV9X22p && VLAM9X1p && (VLVL7X61c || VLVL9X61c ) && VLVL9X62c && VLVL9X63c && VLVL9X64c && (VLVL9X65c || VLVL7X65c) && VLVL9X66c && VLIN9X22 && VLPL9X1 && VLON091 && VYCET(3, VLPS07X || VLPS071, VSAT081, VLKA091, VSNO071, VSPM071, VLKB091, VLKF091, BMBS051, VLPM071, VLEP041, VLIA081, VLKM081, VLRL041, VLTL081, VSDL071, VSAL081, VSAL082, VSFP071) && VLCH9X33c && (VLAJ0222 || VSAJ0222 || VSNJ0222)&& VLPX102t
- VLRL11XX Family Medicine and Geriatrics
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2019/VLVL9X66c