LF:ZC011 Handling chemical substances - Course Information
ZC011 Handling chemical substancesFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Lucie Bláhová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Jiří Dostál, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Martina Drabinová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Zdenka Fohlerová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. David Galuška (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Gregorová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Miroslava Hlaváčová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Michaela Králíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jaromír Literák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Hana Paulová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ondřej Peš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jiří Slanina, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Eva Táborská, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Josef Tomandl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marie Tomandlová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jan Víteček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Monika Šudáková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Jiří Dostál, CSc.
Department of Biochemistry - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Monika Šudáková
Supplier department: Department of Biochemistry - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- For all students manipulating with chemical substances during their study at Faculty of Medicine, MU. The subject is necessary to pass every academic year.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course "Handling chemical substances" is compulsory for all students who manipulate with chemicals in the practical courses during their studies at Faculty of Medicine, MU. This fact follows from study plans, responsible persons are guarantees of individual study fields. Main objectives are: to know basic chemical legislacy, to master handling chemical substances including hazardous chemicals, and to know the removal of chemical wastes.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will have the basic competence for:
- handling chemical substances in laboratories.
- working wirh safety data sheets.
- storage and recording chemical substances.
- labelling and packaging chemical substances.
- classes of dangerous substances and the hazard symbols.
- disposal of chemical waste.
- basic definitions characteristics of hazardous chemicals hazard symbols, H-phrases, P-phrases safety sheet packing and labeling of hazardous chemicals storing of chemical substances responsibility of person basic rules for working in chemical laboratories removal of chemical wastes
- required literature
- Teaching methods
- Introductory lecture at the beginning of semester in practical exercises and/or first lecture.
- Assessment methods
- The graduation from this course is every-year testing (valid for all registered students).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: první týden v semestru.
General note: Povinné každoroční školení. Absolvování tohoto předmětu je nutnou podmínkou pro vstup do všech předmětů, ve kterých dochází k manipulaci s chemickými látkami (laboratorních cvičení, bakalářských a diplomových prací).
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 2.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information