LF:aVLTZ0451c Theor. Bases of Clinical Med I - Course Information
aVLTZ0451c Theoretical Bases of Clinical Medicine I - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1.5/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PharmDr. Petr Babula, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Markéta Bébarová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. Ing. Petr Dvořák, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MVDr. Aleš Hampl, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Marta Krejčí, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Martin Pešl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Vladimír Rotrekl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Veronika Slonková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Anna Vašků, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Veverková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Věra Ježková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Anna Vašků, CSc.
Department of Pathophysiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 20. 2. to Fri 21. 4. Fri 11:00–12:40 B22/116 aula
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
aVLTZ0451c/31: No timetable has been entered into IS.
aVLTZ0451c/32: No timetable has been entered into IS.
aVLTZ0451c/33: No timetable has been entered into IS.
aVLTZ0451c/34: No timetable has been entered into IS.
aVLTZ0451c/35: No timetable has been entered into IS.
aVLTZ0451c/36: No timetable has been entered into IS.
aVLTZ0451c/37: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- aVLFY0321c Physiology I - practice && aVLFY0321s Physiology I - seminar && aVLBC0321s Biochemistry I - sem. && aVLBC0321c Biochemistry I - pract. && aVLBI0222p Biology II - lect. && aVLAN0222c Anatomy II - dissection && aVLAN0222s Anatomy II - sem.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (eng.) (programme LF, M-VL)
- Course objectives
- This newly introduced subject focuses on overview exercising of substantial problems from the point of view of anatomist, embryologist, physiologist, pathological physiologist, pathologist, microbiologist, immunologist and finally, corresponding clinician. Using this approach we will conceptually approach closer to strategy of USMLE, Step 1.
- 1/4 Stem cells, wound healing, regeneration in medicine
- Guarantor of topic: doc. MVDr. Aleš Hampl, CSc.
- 24. 2. 2017 A11/334 Campus 11:00-12:40 Importance and perspectives od stem cells application in medicine I (2 hrs, prof. Dvořák)
- 3. 3. 2017 A11/334 Campus 11:00-12:40 Autologous and allogenic hematopoietic stem cells transplantation: introduction, contemporary indications and trends (2 hrs, prof. M. Krejčí)
- 10.3. 2017 A11/334 Campus 11:00-12:40 Possibilities of using of cardiomyocytes produced by induced pluripotent stem cells of individual patient i medicine (1 hr, doc. Bébarová)
- Wound healing in surgery (1 hr, doc. Veverková)
- 17. 3. 2017 A11/334 Campus 11:00-12:40 Importance and perspectives od stem cells application in medicine II (2 hrs, doc. Hampl)
- 24. 3. 2017 A11/334 Campus 11:00-12:40 Wound healing in dermatology (2 hrs, dr. Slonková)
- 2/4 Metabolic bone diseases
- Guarantor of topic: prof. MUDr. Anna Vašků, CSc.
- 31. 3. 2017 A11/334 Campus 11:00-12:40
- Metabolism of calcium and phosphates (1 hr, doc. Babula)
- Laboratory diagnostics (Ca, phosphates, PTH, PTHrP, vitamin D, paraproteins) – 1 hr, doc. Babula)
- 7. 4. 2017 A11/334 Campus 11:00-12:40
- Osteoporosis, osteodystrophy, and osteomalacia: Bone state in patients with chronic renal failure: pathophysiological point of view (2 hrs, prof. A. Vašků)
- 14. 4. 2017 A11/334 Campus 11:00-12:40
- 21. 4. 2017 A11/334 Campus 11:00-12:40
- Clinical example (woman aged 85, living alone with pathophysiological fracture history)- (1 hr, prof. A. Vašků)
- recommended literature
- SILBERNAGL, Stefan and Florian LANG. Color atlas of pathophysiology. 3rd edition. Stuttgart: Thieme, 2016. x, 438. ISBN 9783131165534. info
- DAMJANOV, Ivan. Pathophysiology. Illustrated by Matt Chansky. 1st ed. Philadelphia: Saunders/Elsevier, 2009. vii, 464. ISBN 9781416002291. info
- Teaching methods
- Education will be realised by interactive seminars, practicals and lections.
- Assessment methods
- When the semester is finished, colloquium will be organized by a guarantor of the theme. In the 7th semester, a committee of examinators (teachers of the subjects) will exam learning outputs of all topics.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2017/aVLTZ0451c