LF:MNZM071p Modern Management - Course Information
MNZM071p Modern Management in Health CareFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Petr Pirožek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MVDr. Halina Matějová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Petr Pirožek, Ph.D.
Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: doc. Ing. Petr Pirožek, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Tue 15:00–16:40 A21/111
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Nutrition therapist for child nutrition and Nutrition therapist for adult nutrition (programme LF, N-SZ)
- Course objectives
- The course is focused on management in health care organizations. • The main goal is focused on knowledge from management theory and their application to health care.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students should be able to: • - explain the incorporation of general management into the relevant scientific disciplines • - describe the trends of management in the context of economic, social and political conditions of the twentieth century and further development on the threshold of twenty-first century • - explain the nature of an organization • - describe basic types of organizational structures • - apply the principles of organization on the creation of organizational structures • - explain the impact of organizational strategy and organizational culture on the organizational structure • - explain the nature of planning and decision-making • - describe the organizational and procedural way of decision-making • - explain the decision-making process and its various stages • - apply methods of decision analysis to solving decision-making problems • - explain the nature of influencing • - describe the principles of selected motivational theories and explain their relationship to the incentive instruments and motivational system • - explain the essence of leadership, motivation and communication • - use basic management skills
- Thematic plan of the course: 1. Define of general management 2. Development trends of management 3. Health care Environment 4. Planning 5. Organisation 6 Decision making 7. Motivation 8. Communication 9. Leadership 10. Control 11. Hospital Governance 12. Knowledge and experience from the management practices. Thematic plan of the seminars: Presentations and case studies solving .
- BLAŽEK, Ladislav. Management. (Management). vydání první. Praha: Grada, 2011. 191 pp. ISBN 978-80-247-3275-6. info
- VEBER, JAROMÍR A KOL. Management. 2. vyd. Praha: Management Press, 2009. 734 pp. ISBN 978-80-7261-200-0. info
- VÁGNER, Ivan. Systém managementu. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2006. 432 pp. Edice učebnic Právnické fakulty MU ; č. 375. ISBN 8021039728. info
- DONNELLY, James H., James L. GIBSON and John M. IVANCEVICH. Management. Translated by Václav Dolanský - Josef Koubek. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 1997. 821 s. ISBN 9788071694229. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, discussion
- Assessment methods
- The course finishes with an exam. Assessment in seminars is also a part of the exam classification. Any copying, keeping a record of tests or carrying the tests out, using forbidden aids including any communication devices or any other breach of objectivity of the exam is regarded as a failure to meet the obligations of the subject and as a serious breach of study regulations. As a consequence, the teacher grades the student with "F" and the dean is allowed to initiate a disciplinary action, which might lead to the termination of the studies.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.