LF:VLOZ0642p Public Health II - lecture - Course Information
VLOZ0642p Public Health II - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0.5/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. MUDr. Bc. Zuzana Derflerová Brázdová, DrSc. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Jindřich Fiala, CSc. (lecturer)
RNDr. Jan Hollan, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Marie Kolářová, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Bc. Michal Koščík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Martin Krsek, CSc., MSc (lecturer)
Mgr. Aleš Peřina, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Bohdana Rezková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Jan Šimůnek, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Miroslava Zavřelová (lecturer)
RNDr. Ondřej Zvěřina, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Veronika Išová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- MUDr. Bohdana Rezková, Ph.D.
Department of Public Health - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Public Health - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 1. 3. 17:00–17:50 B11/334, Mon 8. 3. 17:00–17:50 B11/334, Mon 15. 3. 17:00–17:50 B11/334, Mon 22. 3. 17:00–17:50 B11/334, Mon 29. 3. 17:00–17:50 B11/334, Mon 12. 4. 17:00–17:50 B11/334
- ( VLOZ0241p Public Health I - lecture || VLOZ0141p Public Health I - lecture ) && VLLM0522c Medical Microbiology II-pract. && VLLM0522p Medical Microbiology II - lect && VLBC0422p Biochemistry I -lect.
Prerequisites according to the MU study and examination regulations.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (programme LF, M-VL) (2)
- Course objectives
THE AIM OF THE SUBJECT IS IN PARTICULAR:
- understanding the complexity of relationships between the environment, the individual and the population,
- awareness of the influence of environmental factors (physical, biological, chemical, psychosocial), civilization changes and lifestyle on the health of the individual and the population,
- awareness of the importance of the physician's position in the protection and support of health,
- understanding the basic principles of the emergence and spread of infectious diseases and their prevention.
- Learning outcomes
AT THE END OF COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE ABLE:
1. to explain the relationship between human and environment, its physical, chemical, biological and psychosocial factors and their interactions.
2. to explain the role of adaptation and its active support for the positive development and promotion of both individual and public health.
3. to make deduction about possibilities for preventive provisions in the field of clean and safe environmental, occupational and home surrounding, the quality of air, water, food.
4. to understand and explain the different types of prevention, their tasks and aims and methods of realization.
5. to interpret the positive and negative influences of lifestyle factors on human/public health, including the autoagressive behaviours (nutrition, physical activity, psychical overload and stress, smoking, abuse of alcohol and illegal drugs).
6. to make deductions about the importance of environment and lifestyle in the health protection and promotion, and about the primary prevention priorities.
7. to formulate decisions about concrete preventable possibilities for some more important non-communicable diseases, such as cardiovascular, oncological, metabolically, immune, respiratory.
8. to design and implement basic preventative and repressive measures to prevent transmission of infections.
- I. Types of prevention. Health risk assessment
- II. Environmental chemical factors and toxicology
- III. The environment in the Czech Republic I.
- IV. The environment in the Czech Republic II.
- V. Infectious disease epidemiology.
- VI. Surveillance, the pandemic preparedness plans.
- required literature
- MÜLLEROVÁ, Dana. Hygiena, preventivní lékařství a veřejné zdravotnictví. 1. vydání. Praha: Karolinum, 2014. 254 stran. ISBN 9788024625102. info
- KOLLÁROVÁ, Helena. Vybrané kapitoly z epidemiologie. 1. vydání. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2011. 206, . ISBN 9788024427157. info
- recommended literature
- TUČEK, Milan. Hygiena a epidemiologie. 1. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2012. 358 s. ISBN 9788024620251. info
- GÖPFERTOVÁ, Dana, Petr PAZDIORA and Jana DÁŇOVÁ. Epidemiologie : obecná a speciální epidemiologie infekčních nemocí. 2., přepr. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2013. 223 s. ISBN 9788024622231. info
- Wallace/Maxcy-Rosenau-Last public health & preventive medicine. Edited by Robert B. Wallace - Neal Kohatsu - John M. Last - Ross C. Brownson - A. Fifteenth edition. New York: McGraw Hill Medical, 2008. xxvii, 136. ISBN 9780071441988. info
- Teaching methods
Reading and studying ALL REQUIRED LITERATURE.
- Assessment methods
The subject is completed by COLLOQUIUM in the form of a TEST:
1. Get at least 70 % (14 out of 20 questions) in the test, which is a requisite to sit for examination.
2. Each student must register in the Information System (IS) in one of the offered test terms. The test has fixed examination terms/dates - (Only during the examination period, except the examination pre-term). No extra-terms will be given.
3. Students registered to a test term will fail the term if:
a-) arrive late to the test. No late arrival will be allowed after the start of the test.
b-) they are not present and previously do not cancel the term in the stipulated periods (see IS).
4. In case of failure, each student can retake the test two more times, only in given terms (according to Masaryk University study and examination regulations).
5. In case of failure during the third term (second resit), the student must repeat the course in the following academic year.
6. All test questions are based on ALL REQUIRED LITERATURE, SEMINARS and LECTURES.
The test is a written examination → 20 multiple choice question test, with only one correct answer - (to pass the test, it is required a minimum of 14 correct answers / points).
Passed → 14 and more correct answers / points.
Failed → 13 or less correct answers / points.
Correct answer = 1 point.
No answer = 0 point.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 7.5.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2021/VLOZ0642p