LF:aZLGE061c Genetics in Dentistry- pract. - Course Information
aZLGE061c Genetics in Dentistry - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0.5/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Ing. Hana Holcová Polanská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Monika Pávková Goldbergová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lucie Válková (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Anna Vašků, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Věra Ježková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Monika Pávková Goldbergová, Ph.D.
Department of Pathophysiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: prof. MUDr. Anna Vašků, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Pathophysiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Thu 10. 6. 9:00–14:50 A18/205
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- aZLLM0522p Medical Microbiology II-lect. && aZLIM051p Immunology in Dent. - lecture && ( aZLBC041p Biochemistry II lec. || aZLBC0422p Biochemistry II -lec. ) && aZLPF0521c Pathophysiol. I - practice
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The objective of the practical exercises from genetics is to provide students basic idea about molecular biology methods (PCR, RFLP, analysis of proteins). Students will acquire basic practical skills necessary for their future work.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to:
- summarize the basic methods used in molecular biology and genetics
- They will acquire the basics of work in the molecular-biological laboratory
- to identify the monogenic and multigenic basis of defects from the point of view of the dentist
- Syllabus of practical exercises: DNA diagnostics – analysis of gene mutation by PCR method. Electrophoresis, evaluation + credits.
- recommended literature
- Essential genetics :a genomics perspective. Edited by Daniel L. Hartl - Elizabeth W. Jones. 3rd ed. Boston: Jones and Bartlett Publishers, 2002. xxv, 612 s. ISBN 0-7637-1852-1. info
- Teaching methods
- Practical training.
- Assessment methods
- Credit. Practical exercises are compulsory (absence can be excused only in case of sick leave). During the term, tutors can continuously test knowledge in written tests or students can be asked to elaborate special papers. Term tuition (blocks) is completed by credit, conditions for awarding credit are: a) participation in the practical exercises, b) elaboration of protocols from experimental practical exercises, c) further individually chosen tutor's criteria.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 7,5.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2021/aZLGE061c