PdF:SP6005 Teaching Practice 2 - Course Information
SP6005 Teaching Practice 2Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/5. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- PhDr. Mgr. Dana Zámečníková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Bc. Denisa Foltová, DiS. (assistant)
Mgr. Blanka Klimovič (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Mgr. Dana Zámečníková, Ph.D.
Department of Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: PhDr. Mgr. Ilona Fialová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- SZ6050 Teaching Practice 1 || SZ6095 Teaching Practice 1
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Secondary School Teacher Training in Special Education (programme PdF, N-SP2) (2)
- Course objectives
- The purpose of this course is to develop and enhance professional competences acquired during Teaching practice 1 and to continuously take responsibility of one’s own teaching and interaction with pupils. This practice puts emphasis on the aspect of individual study field. Within this course, the student has a possibility to link theoretical knowledge gained in courses of Pedagogy, Psychology and his/her own study field with practical experience and to enhance reflective and self-reflective skills needed for teacher’s profession. The practice is continuous and is to be realized in 10 weeks during the semester. The practice takes in total 60 hours consisting of 40 hours of being actually in school and 20 hours of own preparation for teaching or help to the mentor (e.g. correction of tests, preparation of teaching aids, etc.).
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course the student will:
• evaluate his/her own development in teacher’s role,
• make his/her own process of planning, realisation and reflection of his/her teaching more effective,
• create alterations used in teaching based on reflection of his/her own teaching,
• acquire basic skills relating to basic aspects of teacher’s work (both of teaching and non-teaching character),
• reflect on climate of a specific school/class and their influence on his/her own work.
- • actual teaching – 10 lessons,
• tandem teaching,
• activities related to (class) teacher’s assistant, set by a director of elementary school or mentor (e.g. help with correction of written assignments or pupils’ notice books, teaching aids, individual work with pupils with special educational needs, monitoring pupils’ behaviour, participation in parents’ meetings, help with school/class administrative work, preparation of class meetings, substituting teachers etc.),
• observations of mentor’s lessons (depending on possibilities of the school),
• keeping a teaching diary and completing a long-term complex portfolio task.
- • actual teaching – 10 lessons,
- DYTRTOVÁ, Radmila and Marie KRHUTOVÁ. Učitel : příprava na profesi. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 2009. 121 s. ISBN 9788024728636. URL info
- VAŠUTOVÁ, Jaroslava. Být učitelem :co by měl učitel vědět o své profesi. Praha: Univerzita Karlova, 2002. 51 s. ISBN 80-7290-077-3. info
- PETTY, Geoffrey. Moderní vyučování. 1. vyd. Praha: Portál, 1996. 380 s. ISBN 8071780707. info
- Teaching methods
- Teaching forms • active work supervised by a mentor • individual consultations
- Assessment methods
- • evaluation of teacher student provided by the mentor • student’s complete attendance to the school of the teaching practice • submission plan of outputs (lessons teached by student) • analysis of teached lesson by disciplinary didactics based on observations • preparation and submission of records of observated lessons (minimum 4) and preparation of teached lessons (3)
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- General note: Nezapisují studenti jednooborové SP: SPZP, SPAN, SPPU.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 60 hodin.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses