PdF:SPk532 Intervention - Special pedagog - Course Information
SPk532 Intervention - Special pedagogical Support and Intervention of People with Visual ImpairmentFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/1. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Petra Röderová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Martin Vrubel, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Martin Vrubel, Ph.D.
Institute for Research in Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: PhDr. Mgr. Ilona Fialová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Institute for Research in Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- SPk532/01: Sat 17. 10. 8:00–13:50 učebna 34, Fri 4. 12. 8:00–13:50 kancelář vyučujícího, M. Vrubel
- Finished basic course in education of visually impaired
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Special Education (Specialization 2 - Visual Impairments) (programme PdF, N-SPZP)
- Special Education (Specialization 5 - Multiple Disabilities) (programme PdF, N-SPZP)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to introduce students to the intervention procedures, which are suitable for the work with persons with visual impairment. Furthermore, the aim is to present the needs of pupils and students with visual impairments in the educational process by means of simulations and to create a prerequisite for appropriate selection of intervention procedures by future teachers. Another goal is to teach students to work with pupils with visual impairments in their natural environment, to simulate situations in which pupils with a different type of visual impairment and visual impairment teach knowledge and special skills such as self-care, spatial orientation, and independent movement. The simulations will be performed in the SIMU interior and exterior simulator. The basis of this course is the students' learning experience.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- Understand the different types and degrees of vision impairment and their impact on the normal life
- Based on a diagnosis and vision limitation, make basic recommendations for self-service and mobility
- Know the counseling services and their further specification for the pupil's education period with a visual impairment
- Know the advisory services and their further specification for the adolescence and adulthood period
- • History of school and social intervention when working with people with visual impairment.
- • School counseling facilities.
- • Social rehabilitation of people with visual impairment. The impact of visual impairment on everyday life.
- • Communicating with people with visual impairment and their families.
- • Simulation of binocular vision disorders and subsequent training with a pupil with disturbed binocular vision, special pedagogical rehabilitation, selection of compensatory mechanisms at work at school (simulation of disability and subsequent training).
- • Simulation of impaired color quality and subsequent work with a pupil with reduced color vision, use of edge filters and lens chromatographies, choice of compensatory mechanisms at work at school (simulation of disability and subsequent training).
- • Simulation of diminished field of view and subsequent training of a student with visual impairments, special pedagogical rehabilitation, choice of compensatory mechanisms at work in the school (simulation of disability and subsequent training).
- • Simulation of different degrees of sight weakness, practical training of the partially-sighted pupil, selection of compensatory mechanisms for work in the classroom (simulation of disability and subsequent training).
- • Simulation of practical and absolute blindness, practical training of the blind pupil, choice of compensatory mechanisms at work in the classroom (simulation of disability and subsequent training).
- • Self-service training for a visually impaired pupil (training in an interior simulator).
- • Practice the spatial orientation and the individual movement of the pupil in microspace and macrosphere (training on a special simulation path).
- required literature
- VRUBEL, Martin. Facilitátory a bariéry školní a sociální inkluze osob se zrakovým postižením (Facilitators and barriers of school and social inclusion of people with visual impairment). Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2015. 186 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-8022-5. info
- JESENSKÝ, Ján. Prolegomena systému tyflorehabilitace, metodiky tyflorehabilitačních výcviků a přípravy rehabilitačně-edukačních pracovníků tyflopedického spektra. Vyd. 1. Praha: Univerzita Jana Amose Komenského Praha, 2007. 659 s. ISBN 9788086723495. info
- recommended literature
- The Lighthouse handbook on vision impairment and vision rehabilitation. Edited by Barbara Silverstone. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000. s. 671-137. ISBN 9780195094893. info
- not specified
- RÖDEROVÁ, Petra, Lea KVĚTOŇOVÁ-ŠVECOVÁ and Zita NOVÁKOVÁ. Oftalmopedie : texty k distančnímu vzdělávání. 2. vyd. Brno: Paido, 2007. 125 s. ISBN 9788073151591. info
- FINKOVÁ, Dita, Libuše LUDÍKOVÁ and Veronika RŮŽIČKOVÁ. Speciální pedagogika osob se zrakovým postižením. 1. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2007. 158 s. ISBN 9788024418575. info
- Teaching methods
- Project, discussion, simulation
- Assessment methods
- project preparation and presentation, final testing , attendance min. 70%
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2020/SPk532