PdF:VVb016 Art Project - Course Information
VVb016 Art ProjectFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught partially online.
- doc. Mgr. Vladimír Havlík (seminar tutor)
MgA. Bc. Marta Kovářová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Vladimír Havlík
Department of Art - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Mgr. Jitka Juřicová
Supplier department: Department of Art - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VVb016/01: Wed 14:00–15:50 učebna 14, V. Havlík, M. Kovářová
VVb016/02: Wed 12:00–13:50 učebna 15, V. Havlík, M. Kovářová
VVb016/03: Tue 16:00–17:50 učebna 13, M. Kovářová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The seminar focuses on the theoretical and practical acquaintance with the medium of the art event and its position in the context of history and art theory. The seminar provides students with a place for practical verification of the possibilities of art action as a means of artistic expression and indicates the potential of using this medium in future pedagogical practice. Students realize an art project both in the classroom and individually in lessons. Both of these forms include an initial idea, a tutorial with the teacher, the realization of an art event and its documentation and presentation. Learning outcomes of the course unit The aim of the course is to acquire basic theoretical knowledge about the art of the event and to acquire elementary experience with the realization of group and individual art events, including its documentation and presentation.
- Learning outcomes
- - Students will acquire the basic concepts bound to the medium of art action. Through their own experience, supplemented by a theoretical interpretation and reflection of the teacher, they will understand the basic principles of working with the media of art, including its limits and potential for use in future pedagogical practice.
- Understand and will be able to explain the historical and theoretical development of visual arts, which has led to the creation of action art, are familiar with Czech and foreign key actors of art and they are able to characterize their work in a framework.
- They are able to prepare a group and individual artistic project in the medium of art with all its phases (idea, idea, realization, documentation, presentation).
- They are able to choose the ideas expressed as an adequate form of implementation and are aware of the technical and other conditions related to their realization.
- They are familiar with the possibilities of documenting the art event and use an adequate form of documentation to record their own production in this medium.
- They are able to present their project in a clear way, to illuminate their initial idea and to put the project into context of the theory and history of action creation, including the introduction of examples of concrete similarly creating action artists.
- • Basic concepts and principles of action creation
- • Action creation in the context of history and art theory; the most striking forms and streams of action art (body-art, land-art, environment, activism, political art, cooperation art ...)
- • Possibilities of documentation and presentation of action creation
- • Collective realization of an art action inspired by the creation of an action artist; individual realization of the art event
- • Public presentation and defense of semester work
- required literature
- Morganová, P. (1999) Akční umění. Olomouc: Votobia.
- not specified
- Rezek, P. (2010). Tělo, věc a skutečnost v umění šedesátých a sedmdesátých let (2., rozš. vyd.). Praha: Jan Placák - Ztichlá klika.
- Morganová, P. (2014) Procházka akční Prahou: akce, performance, happeningy 1949-1989. Praha: VVP AVU.
- Chalupecký, J. (1990) Na hranicích umění: několik příběhů. Praha: Prostor.
- Zhoř, I., Horáček, R., & Havlík, V. (1991). Akční tvorba (1. vyd.). Olomouc: Vydavatelství Univerzity Palackého.
- Fišer, Z., Havlík, V. & Horáček, R. (2010) Slovem, akcí, obrazem: příspěvek k interdisciplinaritě tvůrčího procesu. Brno: Masarykova univerzita.
- Foster, H. (2007) Umění po roce 1900: modernismus, antimodernismus, postmodernismus. V Praze: Slovart.
- Teaching methods
- Active participation in teaching, obligatory consultation with the teacher, realization of the art event in the lesson, realization of the art event individually outside the classroom.
- Assessment methods
- public presentation and defense of the semester work
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2020/VVb016