PdF:SZ7BP_DUP1 The Introduction to Pedagogy - Course Information
SZ7BP_DUP1 The History of Pedagogy and the Introduction to PedagogyFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. PhDr. Stanislav Střelec, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Veronika Rodová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Radek Pospíšil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Josef Moravec (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Radek Pospíšil, Ph.D.
Department of Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Ludmila Bauerová
Supplier department: Department of Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- SZ7BP_DUP1/01: Mon 10:15–11:00 učebna 50, R. Pospíšil, V. Rodová, S. Střelec
SZ7BP_DUP1/02: Mon 13:00–13:45 učebna 50, R. Pospíšil, V. Rodová, S. Střelec
SZ7BP_DUP1/03: Mon 12:05–12:50 učebna 50, R. Pospíšil, V. Rodová, S. Střelec
SZ7BP_DUP1/04: Mon 11:10–11:55 učebna 50, R. Pospíšil, V. Rodová, S. Střelec
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 37 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The subject is divided to two parts. Entry to the educational problems and History of education. The subject gives the student the entrance to the extensive problems of the pedagogic theory. Students are ought to understand textures, content and nomenclature of pedagogy and its disciplines and to understand them so, they could use them in another subjects (e.g . Theory and Methodology of Education). The subject underlies for others theoretic and practical study of pedagogy. At the end of the course the student will be able to: - understand the basic terminology of the subject - explain the relationships and connections between particular aspects of the subject - use the information acquired in the subject to expand one’s own perspective of the issues studied - create a database of basic technical terms and their mutual relationships - present points of view well-argued on the basis of newly acquired knowledge
- Pedagogy as a scientific discipline. Subject of pedagogy (upbringing). The structure of pedagogy (system of the pedagogic disciplines). The relevancy of pedagogy for a society (theoretic and practical). Upbringing, conception of upbringing (significant community service, development of basic qualities of the personality, the preparation of individuals for the social roles, the development in a cultural regions - components of upbringing). The municipal line of upbringing.The periods of upbringing. Possibilities and limits of upbringing. The basic pedagogic categories (goals, content, forms, means, conditions, agents, principles, upbringing, school instruction, teaching). 1. History of pedagogic thinking. Subject of pedagogy history. Beginning of pedagogic thinking in old Greece and Rome culture. Antique thinkers (Sokrates, Platon, Aristoteles, Quintilianus). 2. Upbringing and school in medieval times. Scholastic. Tomas Akvinsky. 3. Renaissance pedagogy (More, Rabelais, da Feltre, Montaigne) Reformation and anti-reformation pedagogy. 4. J.A. Komenský pedagogic legacy (life, work and pedagogic system). 5. Pedagogic thinking development in 17.-19. century - Locke, Rousseau, Pestalozzi, Herbart, Fröbel, Diesterweg, Ušinskij, Tolstoj, Bosco, Spencer, Dewey et al.. 6. Czech education and pedagogy development (Ryba, Amerling, Filcík, Svoboda, Lindner, Masaryk, Kádner, Chlup, Příhoda et al..) 7. Foreign pedagogic reformism. Democratic tradition of Czech School. 8. Main streams of pedagogy in 20. century - experimental, existentialist, neotomistical, anti-authoritative, Soviet, post modernistic pedagogy. 9. Foreign pedagogic systems and Czech progressive tradition as inspiration for modern Czech School: waldorf, montessory, frainet, dalton school, project Start together, Health school et al.. Alternative schools and their development in our country.
- required literature
- SVOBODOVÁ, Jarmila and Bohumíra ŠMAHELOVÁ. Kapitoly z obecné pedagogiky. Brno: MSD, 2007. 140 s. ISBN 9788086633817. info
- ŠMAHELOVÁ, Bohumíra. Nástin vývoje pedagogického myšlení. Brno: MSD, 2008. 98 stran. ISBN 9788073920401. info
- Pospíšil, Radek. Úvod do pedagogiky. ELPORTÁL, Brno : MU Brno, 2010. ISSN 1802-128X.
- Teaching methods
- - theoretical preparation in the form of a lecture with independent study of specialized sources and electronic distance-learning materials
- Assessment methods
- Lecture. Colloquium. - written test with 30 questions, to pass 20 questions have to be answered correctly
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information