PdF:SZ7BP_1AB1 English for Teachers - A - Course Information
SZ7BP_1AB1 English for Teachers - AFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Daniela Dvořáková (lecturer)
Mgr. Radka Mlýnková (lecturer)
Mgr. Veronika Vávrová (lecturer)
Mgr. Veronika Dvořáčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Gabriela Hublová, Ph.D. (assistant)
Mgr. Barbora Kašpárková (assistant)
Mgr. Jana Kollárová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Veronika Vávrová
Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jitka Autratová
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Language Centre
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- SZ7BP_1AB1/01: Mon 8:25–10:05 učebna 51, D. Dvořáková
SZ7BP_1AB1/02: Tue 12:05–13:45 učebna 5, D. Dvořáková
SZ7BP_1AB1/03: Thu 11:10–12:50 učebna 41, D. Dvořáková
SZ7BP_1AB1/05: Mon 14:50–16:30 učebna 6, R. Mlýnková
SZ7BP_1AB1/06: Wed 9:20–11:00 učebna 67, R. Mlýnková
SZ7BP_1AB1/07: Thu 8:25–10:05 učebna 3, D. Dvořáková
SZ7BP_1AB1/08: Tue 10:15–11:55 učebna 4, V. Vávrová
SZ7BP_1AB1/09: Wed 7:30–9:10 učebna 64, V. Vávrová
SZ7BP_1AB1/10: Wed 13:55–15:35 učebna 41, V. Vávrová
SZ7BP_1AB1/11: Wed 11:10–12:50 učebna 63, R. Mlýnková
SZ7BP_1AB1/12: Mon 13:55–15:35 učebna 56, V. Vávrová
SZ7BP_1AB1/13: Thu 10:15–11:55 učebna 24, V. Dvořáčková
SZ7BP_1AB1/14: Tue 8:25–10:05 Dětské centrum, V. Vávrová
- CJV_AJA2 Entrance Test A2
A pass in CJV_AJA2 – Entrance test A2 - English. (Úspěšně absolvovaný předmět CJV_AJA2 – Vstupní test A2 - AJ.) The course is designed for students who are at least at the A2 level of English and who can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered at work, school, leisure, etc. They can also produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest, and can read texts and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 62 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to help students achieve B1 level knowledge of English by improving all language skills (listening, reading, speaking, writing) and systems of the language (grammar and vocabulary) within the given level. The course also intends to introduce and enhance academic vocabulary and skills (writing assignments, summaries, opinions, presentations, etc.).
- In-class topics: 1) Education in the Czech Republic. 2) Educational systems in different countries. 3) Tertiary education. 4) Stages of human life. 5) Alternative schools and teaching methods. 6) Introduction to special education. 7) Current problems in Czech schools. Grammar topics: 1) Present simple x continuous. 2) Past simple. 3) Past continuous. 4) Present perfect. 5) Expressing future. 6) Revision of tenses. 7) Word order, making questions. 8) Adjectives – comparatives x superlatives. 9) Adjectives x adverbs.
- required literature
- In-class materials available in the IS.
- recommended literature
- MURPHY, Raymond. English grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for intermediate learners of English : with answers. Fourth edition. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2012. x, 380. ISBN 9780521189064. info
- MURPHY, Raymond. Essential grammar in Use : a self-study reference and practice book for elementary students of English : with answers. 3rd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2007. xi, 319. ISBN 9780521675802. info
- OXENDEN, Clive. New English File - Intermediate. 2011. ISBN 978-0-19-451910-6. info
- Cambridge advanced learner's dictionary. Edited by Melisa Good. 3rd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University, 2008. xiv, 1699. ISBN 9780521674683. info
- GILL, Nora, Jiří VACEK, Ruth COUFALOVÁ, Olga INGROVÁ and Jana KOLLÁROVÁ. Communicative ESP Practice for Pre-Service Teachers. 1. vyd. Olomouc: Palacký University, Olomouc, Czech Republic, 2003. 109 pp. English Texts. ISBN 80-244-0652-7. info
- SWAN, Michael and Catherine WALTER. The good grammar book : a grammar practice book for elementary to lower-intermediate students of English : with answers. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001. 324 s. ISBN 0194315193. info
- Teaching methods
- Weekly ninety-minute seminars designed for teaching English for specific and academic purposes. Activities developing students' awareness of language skills and systems within B1 level - listening and reading tasks; grammar and vocabulary practice, discussions and other speaking activities.
- Assessment methods
- Credit requirements: 1) Attendance (only 2 lessons can be missed), homework set in classes, active participation. 2) Poster presentation (10 points). 3) Mid-term test (20 points). 4) Presentation in groups - summary of a text (10 points). 5) Credit test (60 points). Only students who complete all assignments can sit the final test. Pass mark: 65% (65 points out of 100).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Zápis vyžaduje úspěšné absolvování vstupního testu CJV_AJA2 (obvykle v lednu). Počet míst v kurzu je limitován kapacitou pracoviště.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Vyžaduje se úspěšné absolvování vstupního test CJV_AJA2. Počet míst v kurzu je limitován kapacitou pracoviště.