PdF:SZ7BP_1AB1 English - A - Course Information
SZ7BP_1AB1 English - AFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Jana Kollárová (lecturer)
Mgr. Bc. Šárka Dohnalová (lecturer)
Mgr. Radka Mlýnková (lecturer)
PhDr. Jiří Vacek, CSc. (assistant)
PhDr. Tamara Váňová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jana Kollárová
Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: Jitka Autratová
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- SZ7BP_1AB1/05: No timetable has been entered into IS. R. Mlýnková
SZ7BP_1AB1/06: No timetable has been entered into IS. R. Mlýnková
SZ7BP_1AB1/01: Wed 10:40–11:25 budova C - učebna 8, Š. Dohnalová
SZ7BP_1AB1/02: Wed 11:35–12:20 budova C - učebna 8, Š. Dohnalová
SZ7BP_1AB1/03: Thu 11:35–12:20 učebna 10, J. Kollárová
SZ7BP_1AB1/04: Thu 12:30–13:15 učebna 10, J. Kollárová
- CJV_AJA2 Entrance Test A2
The English course for intermediate students who can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc., who can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest, and can read texts and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 79 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- In the compulsorily-optional English as a Foreign Language Course A, the students will consolidate their language skills from secondary school (Pass in 'maturita' in English is required), and will learn some selected academic skills (oral presentation, supporting argument, discussion, etc.) in English. Successful students will be credited for active participation in the lessons, for oral and written presentations, incl. summary presentation at the end of the semester.
- SZ7BP_1AB1 Cizí jazyk A - jazyk anglický Weeks 1-4 Topic 1 Education in the Czech Republic compared with the U.K. and U.S. systems. Texts 1, 2. (Making a statement, expressing opinion, discussion based on experience) Long term tasks: My specialization - introduction (mini-presentation: previous studies, basic information about MU and the Faculty of Education, my field of study, hot issues and current resources in my study at the Faculty of Education) Reader's Portfolio - keywords, summary, opinion (standardized layout) Grammar Revision (present simple + present continious, present continuous for future, prepositions of time and place) Weeks 5-7 Topic 2 Growing up, growing old. Adolescence. Adulthood. Ageing. Text 4.(Opinion exchange, critical thinking, picture description) Grammar revision (past simple + past continuous, future - when I am old , I will ...) Weeks 8-10 Topic 3. Interpersonal relationships. Non-verbal communication,body language. Text 5. (Opinion exchange, comparing differences and similarities, role play) Special task: Essay writing skills (suggested topic - What makes a good relationship?) Grammar revision (present perfect, adjectives, linking words, sequence of tenses) Weeks 11-13 Topic 4. Healthy lifestyle x unhealthy lifestyle. Stress and its consequences. Text 12. (Personal experience and reflection, expressing opinions) Grammar revision (1st and 2nd conditionals) Week 14 Credit requirements: Oral and written tasks during the semester. The field presentation based on the special task. Written test (part A - grammar, part B - topics) The student who has not completed continuous assessment during the particular semester can not be credited! (Student, který nemá splněné průběžné úkoly z jednotlivých témat v rámci daného semestru, nemůže získat kredity, ani zápočet!)
- VACEK, Jiří and Duncan HENDY. Analýza odborného anglického textu pro studenty společného základu PdF MU (English Texts for Specific Purposes). 1. vyd. Masarykova univerzita: Masarykova univerzita, 2006. 102 pp. MU, Pedagogická fakulta, Brno 2006. ISBN 80-210-3967-1. info
- GILL, Nora, Jiří VACEK, Ruth COUFALOVÁ, Olga INGROVÁ and Jana KOLLÁROVÁ. Communicative ESP Practice for Pre-Service Teachers. 1. vyd. Olomouc: Palacký University, Olomouc, Czech Republic, 2003. 109 pp. English Texts. ISBN 80-244-0652-7. info
- Assessment methods
- Credit requirements: Oral and written tasks during the semester. The field presentation based on the special task. Written test (part A - grammar, part B - topics)
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught last offered.
General note: Přednostně pro studenty 3. semestru PdF, kteří v roce 2007/2008 nemohli tento předmět absolvovat.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Jazyková úroveň A2 a vyšší se prověřuje vstupním rozřazovacím testem. Určeno pro studenty, kteří neuspěli v PS 2007.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses