PdF:JVp015 English for SE - A - Course Information
JVp015 English for Special Educators - AFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Belinda Rachael Allan, M.Ed. (lecturer)
Mgr. Dita Hochmanová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Bc. Anna Bízková Doleželová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Miryana Georgieva Slavíková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Radim Herout (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Radim Herout
Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jitka Autratová
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- JVp015/01: Mon 10:00–11:50 učebna 10, D. Hochmanová
JVp015/02: Mon 12:00–13:50 učebna 65, D. Hochmanová
JVp015/03: Thu 12:00–13:50 učebna 58, D. Hochmanová
JVp015/04: Tue 14:00–15:50 učebna 67, D. Hochmanová
JVp015/05: Thu 12:00–13:50 učebna 33, M. Slavíková
JVp015/06: Tue 10:00–11:50 učebna 6, M. Slavíková
JVp015/07: Mon 13:00–14:50 učebna 63, M. Slavíková
JVp015/08: Mon 10:00–11:50 učebna 11, M. Slavíková
JVp015/09: Wed 8:00–9:50 učebna 59, M. Slavíková
- JVp001 Entrance Test A2 - English || JVk001 Entrance Test A2 - English
A pass in JVp001 Vstupní test A2 – AJ.
Students enrolling on the course are expected to have a good A2+ level of English or higher (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course English for Special Educators A is to develop and consolidate students' language skills and help them to achieve B1 level in all language skills(listening, reading, speaking, writing). During the course students will revise grammar and vocabulary connected to their field of study (on B1 level). Furthermore, students will develop some academic skills in English (oral presentation, CV, letter of motivation, researching information, note-taking, discussions, etc.), as well as the basics of specialist vocabulary focused on special needs terminology.
- Learning outcomes
- By the end of the course, the students will be able to: understand specialist vocabulary connected to the topic of education and their field of study at B1 level of the CEFR; introduce themselves/their field of study/professional goals; share their ideas and discuss different issues associated with the topic of education; show a good command of selected grammar structures at B1 level of the CEFR
- SP4BP_1AB1 English for Special Educators A
- Topics: Education, Studying abroad, Current Problems in Schools, Sensory imparments, Physical impairment, Intellectual disability, Specific learning difficulties, ASD, ADHD, Behavioural disorders
- Grammar:: 1) Present simple x continuous. 2) Past simple x continuous. 3) Present perfect. 4) Expressing future 5) Comparatives, superlatives. 6) Adjectives (-ed, –ing) 7) Present/past simple passive. 8) Modal verbs. 9) Word order.
- required literature
- E-learning resources in IS.MUNI.CZ
- not specified
- MURPHY, Raymond. Essential grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for elementary students of English : with answers. Second edition. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1997. 300 stran. ISBN 0521559286. info
- NAYLOR, Helen and Raymond MURPHY. Essential grammar in use supplementary exercises : with answers. 1st ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1996. 106 s. ISBN 052146997X. info
- MURPHY, Raymond. English grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for intermediate students of English : with answers. 3rd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004. x, 379. ISBN 0521532892. info
- CRAVEN, Miles. Listening extra : a resource book of multi-level skills activities. 1st ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004. 136 s. ISBN 0521754623. info
- Teaching methods
- 90-minute seminars, activities and tasks developing students' language skills and competencies, class and group discussions, grammar and vocabulary practice, mind mapping, presentation and soft skills practice, opinion and information sharing,etc.
- Assessment methods
- Credit requirements: 1) Active participation in lessons and careful home preparation for each lesson + attendance - 2 absences admitted 2) CV + letter of motivation 3) Presenting key information on a webpage 4) Summrizing key points in a video in separate sentences 5) Vocabulary mind map The student who has not completed all requirements(including active participation) during the semester cannot be credited.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: Jazykový kurz na úrovni B1 SERRJ (není určen pro začátečníky).
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Podmínkou zápisu je úspěšné absolvování předmětu JVp001. Počet míst v kurzu je limitován kapacitou pracoviště.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses