PdF:JVp015 English for SE - A - Course Information
JVp015 English for Special Educators - AFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Radka Mlýnková (lecturer)
Mgr. Gabriela Hublová, Ph.D. (assistant)
Mgr. Daniela Dvořáková (assistant)
Mgr. Jana Kollárová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Markéta Oplatková Plocková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Radka Mlýnková
Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jitka Autratová
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Language Centre
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- JVp015/T01: Tue 20. 2. to Wed 23. 5. Tue 12:20–13:55 KOM 105, M. Oplatková Plocková, Nepřihlašuje se. Určeno pro studenty se zdravotním postižením.
JVp015/01: Thu 11:10–12:50 učebna 55, R. Mlýnková
JVp015/02: Tue 13:55–15:35 učebna 4, R. Mlýnková
JVp015/03: Thu 9:20–11:00 učebna 59, R. Mlýnková
JVp015/04: Wed 11:10–12:50 učebna 4, R. Mlýnková
JVp015/05: Tue 15:45–17:25 učebna 11, R. Mlýnková
JVp015/06: Wed 9:20–11:00 učebna 53, R. Mlýnková
JVp015/07: Tue 8:25–10:05 učebna 24, J. Kollárová
- JVp001 Entrance Test A2 - English
A pass in JVp001 Vstupní test A2 – AJ.
Students enrolling on the course are expected to have a good A2+ level of English or higher (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course English for Special Educators A is to develop and consolidate students' language skills and help them to achieve B1 level in all language skills(listening, reading, speaking, writing). During the course students will revise grammar and vocabulary connected to their field of study (on B1 level). Furthermore, students will develop some academic skills in English (oral presentation, academic writing, supporting arguments, discussions, etc.), as well as the basics of specialist vocabulary focused on special needs terminology.
- SP4BP_1AB1 English for Special Educators A
- Topics: Education – the System of Education in the CR/other countries, Primary/Secondar/Tertiary Education, Current Problems in Schools, Ways of Communication, How to Become a Successful Teacher – character traits and responsibilities, Introduction to Special Needs Terminology, Laterality, Multiple Intelligences
- Grammar:: 1) Present simple x continuous. 2) Past simple. 3) Past continuous. 4) Present perfect. 5) Expressing future. 6) Revision of tenses. 7) Word order. 8) Adjectives – comparatives x superlatives. 9) Adjectives (-ed, –ing). 10) Adjectives x adverbs.
- required literature
- E-learning resources in IS.MUNI.CZ
- not specified
- MURPHY, Raymond. Essential grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for elementary students of English : with answers. Second edition. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1997. 300 stran. ISBN 0521559286. info
- NAYLOR, Helen and Raymond MURPHY. Essential grammar in use supplementary exercises : with answers. 1st ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1996. 106 s. ISBN 052146997X. info
- MURPHY, Raymond. English grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for intermediate students of English : with answers. 3rd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004. x, 379. ISBN 0521532892. info
- Hashemi, Louise. Cambridge Practice Tests for PET 1. Cambridge University Press,
- Cambridge preliminary English Test 1 - 5. Cambridge University Press.
- CRAVEN, Miles. Listening extra : a resource book of multi-level skills activities. 1st ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004. 136 s. ISBN 0521754623. info
- Teaching methods
- 90-minute seminars, activities and tasks developing students' language skills and competencies, class and group discussions, grammar and vocabulary practice, mind mapping, presentation and soft skills practice, opinion and information sharing, giving arguments etc.
- Assessment methods
- Credit requirements: 1) Active participation in lessons and careful home preparation for each lesson + attendance - 2 absences admitted 2) Oral presentation 3) Mid-term test 4) Written assignment 5) Final credit test (passmark - 65%) The student who has not completed all requirements(including active participation) during the semester cannot be credited.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: Jazykový kurz na úrovni B1 SERRJ (není určen pro začátečníky).
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Podmínkou zápisu je úspěšné absolvování předmětu JVp001. Počet míst v kurzu je limitován kapacitou pracoviště.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses