PdF:JVp015 English for SE - A - Course Information
JVp015 English for Special Educators - AFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Dita Hochmanová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Daniel Gerrard, M.A. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Kollárová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Miryana Georgieva Slavíková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Radim Herout (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Radim Herout
Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Mgr. Dita Hochmanová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- JVp015/01: Mon 10:00–11:50 učebna 59, M. Slavíková
JVp015/02: Mon 14:00–15:50 učebna 33, D. Hochmanová
JVp015/03: Tue 16:00–17:50 učebna 63, D. Hochmanová
JVp015/04: Wed 8:00–9:50 učebna 59, M. Slavíková
JVp015/05: Tue 12:00–13:50 učebna 63, M. Slavíková
JVp015/07: Mon 12:00–13:50 učebna 33, M. Slavíková
JVp015/08: Wed 11:00–12:50 učebna 58, M. Slavíková
JVp015/09: Mon 16:00–17:50 učebna 6, D. Gerrard
JVp015/10: Tue 14:00–15:50 učebna 59, D. Gerrard
- JVp001 Entrance Test A2 - English || JVk001 Entrance Test A2 - English || JV001 Entrance Test A2 - English
A pass in JVp001 Vstupní test A2 – AJ.
Students enrolling on the course are expected to have a good A2+ level of English or higher (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course English for Special Educators A is to develop and consolidate students' language skills and help them to achieve B1 level in all language skills(listening, reading, speaking, writing). During the course students will revise grammar and vocabulary connected to their field of study (on B1 level). Furthermore, students will develop some academic skills in English (oral presentation, academic writing, supporting arguments, discussions, etc.), as well as the basics of specialist vocabulary focused on special needs terminology.
- Learning outcomes
- By the end of the course, the students will be able to: understand specialist vocabulary connected to the topic of education and their field of study at B1 level of the CEFR; introduce themselves/their field of study/professional goals; share their ideas and discuss different issues associated with the topic of education; show a good command of selected grammar structures at B1 level of the CEFR
- SP4BP_1AB1 English for Special Educators A
- Topics: Education – the System of Education in the CR/other countries, Primary/Secondar/Tertiary Education, Current Problems in Schools, Introduction to Special Needs Terminology, Specific learning difficulties
- Grammar:: 1) Present simple x continuous. 2) Past simple x continuous. 3) Present perfect. 4) Expressing future 5) Comparatives, superlatives. 6) Adjectives (-ed, –ing) 7) Present/past simple passive. 8) Modal verbs. 9) Word order.
- required literature
- E-learning resources in IS.MUNI.CZ
- recommended literature
- DVOŘÁČKOVÁ, Veronika, Dita HOCHMANOVÁ and Dita TRČKOVÁ. Anglická terminologie pro učitele Praktický průvodce (English Terminology for Teachers - Practical Guide). Praha: Grada, 2021. 223 pp. ISBN 978-80-271-2470-1. info
- not specified
- CRAVEN, Miles. Listening extra : a resource book of multi-level skills activities. 1st ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004. 136 s. ISBN 0521754623. info
- Teaching methods
- 100-minute seminars, activities and tasks developing students' language skills and competencies, class and group discussions, grammar and vocabulary practice, mind mapping, presentation and soft skills practice, opinion and information sharing,etc.
- Assessment methods
- Credit requirements: 1) Active participation in lessons and careful home preparation for each lesson + attendance - 2 absences admitted 2) In-term assignments The student who has not completed all requirements(including active participation) during the semester cannot be credited.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: Pro úspěšné ukončení předmětu jsou předepsány v semestru průběžné úkoly. V případě nápadných rozdílů mezi úrovní odevzdaných úkolů a výkony studenta/-ky ve výuce může dojít k přezkoušení.
The course is taught annually.
General note: navazující předmět: JVp016.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Počet míst v kurzu je limitován kapacitou pracoviště.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2022/JVp015