FF:DISB010 English for theatrologists I - Course Information
DISB010 English for theatrologists IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/5. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. et Mgr. Klára Škrobánková (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Šárka Havlíčková Kysová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Šárka Havlíčková Kysová, Ph.D.
Department of Theatre Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Šárka Havlíčková Kysová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Theatre Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 10:00–11:40 G01
- The course is designed for students with intermediate level of English.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 18 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 6/18, only registered: 0/18
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 15 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is dealing with improving of student´s communication skills in English in the field of Theatre Studies; to improve his listening and reading skills and understanding of theatrological topics dealt with in English (by both native and non-native speakers); to widen his/her English theatrological vocabulary.
Study materials are uploaded in ELF, not in the IS.
- Learning outcomes
At the end of the course student will be able to:
- understand a scholarly paper, monograph and lecture;
- discuss scholarly issues in English;
- translate an English drama using a dictionary;
- prove knowledge of basic theatrologic terms in English.
- reading of theatrological texts followed by discussion
- listening/watching videos followed by discussion
- vocabulary exercises
- reading of plays in English
- recommended literature
- COWIE, A. P., Jack Windsor LEWIS and Albert Sydney HORNBY. Oxford advanced learner's dictionary of current English. London: Oxford University Press, 1974. xxvii, 105. info
- FRONEK, Josef. Comprehensive Czech-English dictionary. 1. vyd. Praha: Leda, 2000. xlvii, 159. ISBN 8085927543. info
- FRONEK, Josef. Comprehensive English-Czech, Czech-English dictionary. 1. vydání. Voznice: Leda, 2007. xlix, 1523. ISBN 9788073351144. info
- Teaching methods
- reading, listening, discussion, exercises
- Assessment methods
- 3 credits - classwork, submitting tasks
5 credits - oral exam method; reading a short English text (using dictionary) followed by discussion, self evaluation
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2021/DISB010