FF:DVBP04 Theatre in History 2 - Course Information
DVBP04 Theatre in the History of European Culture 2Faculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus 3 credits for an exam). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. PhDr. Margita Havlíčková (lecturer), doc. MgA. David Drozd, Ph.D. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Margita Havlíčková
Department of Theatre Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Šárka Havlíčková Kysová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Theatre Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Fri 12:30–14:05 G01
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course provides a review of the history of the theatre in the context of European culture from the 17th to the 20th century. At the end of the course student will be able to: identify the characteristics of European cultural epochs; interpret the style-creating factors of European cultural epochs; describe the position of the theatre in the context of particular cultural epochs; explain the social functions of the theatre in particular cultural era.
- 1. Introduction, 2. Baroque as „theatrum mundi“, 3. Baroque theatre, 4. Theatre and the Enlightenment, 5. Romantism and theatre, 6. Meiningen theatre, realism, 7. Modernism in theatre, 8. Great theatre reform, 9. Theatre in the 20´s and 30´s of the 20th century, 10. Theatre after 1945 I., 12. Theatre after 1945 II., 13. Final discussions, summary.
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical preparation – lecture (2 hours per week), discussion. Individual preparation – reading of texts. The lectures are given in Czech, students are expected to have a solid command of the Czech language.
- Assessment methods
- Written tests and/or oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2014/DVBP04