HVK_05 HarmonyFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Romana Klementová (lecturer)
Mgr. Marie Novotná, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Jana Perutková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Jana Perutková, Ph.D.
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Jan Karafiát
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students manage basic rules of bass and melody harmonization with use of fifth-chords. Apart from practical skills - elaboration of exercises and their reproduction on the piano - student is able to use the acquired knowledge for analysis of musical material.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to harmonize the melody and analyze simple harmonic progression of musical works.
- triads and theirs inversions, their use for harmonization • rules of bass harmonization • harmonization of melody • examples and analyses
- KOFROŇ, Jaroslav. Učebnice harmonie. Praha: Státní hudební vydavatelství, 1963. info
- Teaching methods
- The subject combines a form of a lecture and a seminar, uses drills and homeworks.
- Assessment methods
- The colloquium includes both written and oral part, students have to prove knowledge and skills in all above mentioned spheres.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 4 hodiny + 4 hodiny individuálních konzultací.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses