FF:HVK_802 Music History II - Course Information
HVK_802 Music History in Outline IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Vladimír Maňas, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Vladimír Maňas, Ph.D.
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Jan Karafiát
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- A survey of development and changes of style in European musical culture from late middle-ages to mid-17th century from the point of view of history, music theory and sociology.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to understand and explain the music repertoire from the early modern period.
- RENAISSANCE AND MUSIC • Characteristics - chronology - social aspects - compositional techniques and forms - composers' generations (Eggebrecht's scheme) • - Czech Lands MUSIC OF THE BAROQUE • Early baroque - birth of opera
- recommended literature
- KOUBA, Jan. ABC hudebních slohů : od raného středověku k J.S.Bachovi. Praha: Supraphon, 1982. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures with musical examples.
- Assessment methods
- 80% attendance. Oral exam: orientation in music history, periodisation, knowledge of main genres, forms and types - cultural and philosophical contexts - most significant names - sources and present state of research, literature, main editions
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 8 hodin + 8 hodin individuálních konzultací.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses