FF:KR019 B.A. Diploma Thesis Seminar - Course Information
KR019 B.A. Diploma Thesis SeminarFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Irena Radová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Bc. Kateřina Bočková Loudová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Juraj Franek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Steklá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Irena Radová, Ph.D.
Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jitka Erlebachová
Supplier department: Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The goal of the diploma seminar is to assist the student in completing the diploma thesis and prepare for its successful defence. The diploma thesis addresses a scholarly issue at a level appropriate to the degree being pursued. In the diploma thesis the student must demonstrate the ability to work independently in keeping with academic standards, the knowledge and understanding of the relevant scholarly literature and the ability to analyze the issues under consideration.
- Learning outcomes
- Following the successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- search for and work with scholarly literature;
- cite properly primary and secondary sources;
- describe the best practice in writing a scholarly text, with respect to both form and contents;
- write a diploma thesis while applying the aforementioned skills;
- prepare a systematic presentation of the diploma thesis.
- The course consists of individual consultations with the thesis supervisor, depending on the specific demands of the degree program and thesis' topic, and participation at the Thesis Seminar of the Department of Classical Studies. The seminar is organized as follows:
- - Formal requirements of the diploma thesis.
- - Presentation of the thesis structure and bibliography.
- - Presentation of a work-in-progress of the diploma thesis.
- Eco, U. (1997). Jak napsat závěrečnou práci. Olomouc: Votobia.
- Kubátová, H. - Šimek, D. (2007). Od abstraktu do závěrečné práce: Jak napsat diplomovou práci ve společenskovědních a humanitních oborech. Praktická příručka. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci.
- Pokorný, J. (2004). Úspěšnost zaručena: Jak efektivně zpracovat a obhájit diplomovou práci. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM.
- Teaching methods
- Individual advisor-student tutorial in methodology of the writing of the diploma thesis: synopsis, introduction, methods of text analysis, argumentation, and conclusion. Presentation of the work-in-progress in the Thesis Seminar.
- Assessment methods
- The advisor awards the course-unit credits on the basis of the examination of particular parts of diploma-thesis and student's ability to react on the advisor's comments on it.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2021/KR019