FF:PJN105 Course of Polish II - Course Information
PJN105 Course of Polish Language IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/4/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Malgorzata Balcerzak (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. et Mgr. Michal Przybylski
Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Malgorzata Balcerzak
Supplier department: Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 14:00–15:40 L31, Thu 12:00–13:40 L33
- PJN102 Course of Polish I
The course is designed for students (Polish philology) at the lower language level (A1).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Course aims into active gain of language competence. Its basis is communication. Theoretical lecture is vastly diminished and the main stress is put on spoken and written texts which are very close to the real communication situations. During the course the teacher uses tape scripts to develop students’ listening skills. The work with a text is enriched with a range of lexis and conversation exercises, which introduce information about contemporary Poland. The course is comprehensive with certification system. The level of Polish knowledge after this 2nd semester course is B1 ‘pre-intermediate level’.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course students will be able to:
- understand and explain grammatical structures adequate to the course level
- use information and lexis in communication with native speakers
- build correct grammatical structures
- interprete Polish texts
- read, write and speak in proper Polish
- know Polish orthography rules
- Grammar and vocabulary based on the textbook "Hurra!!! Po polsku 1" lessons 12-20.
- City and village.
- Health and weather.
- The past tense.
- Holidays and traditions.
- required literature
- Małolepsza, M; Szymkiewicz A.: Hurra po polsku 1, Kraków 2010
- not specified
- Miodunka, W.: Cześć, jak się masz? (+ nahrávky na CD), Kraków 2002
- Lipińska, E., Dąmbska, E.G.: Kiedyś wrócisz tu... (+ nahrávky na CD), Kraków 2003
- Gałyga, D.: Ach ten język polski! (+ nahrávky na CD), Kraków 2002
- Lipińska, E.: Z polskim na ty (+ nahrávky na CD), Kraków 2003
- Szelc-Mays, Rybicka, E.: Słowa i słówka, Kraków 2003
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical preparing, oral and writing exercises, group projects, presentations, homeworks, reading, conversations.
- Assessment methods
- The course is completed with test (min. 70 %) and oral discussion. During the semester student is obligated to contributions to discussion, currently preparation for classes (homeworks, one unannounced written test, min. 70%) and class participation (2 absences allowed).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/PJN105