FF:KSCA020 Reading in Chinese I - Course Information
KSCA020 Reading in Chinese IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Petr Janda (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Luboš Bělka, CSc.
Center for Chinese Studies - Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Petr Janda
Supplier department: Center for Chinese Studies - Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 19:10–20:45 C31
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- KSCA005 Chinese Grammar II
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to apply knowledge acquired during previous language courses on unknown text in Chinese; the emphasis will be put on understanding of sentence structure and gradual building of students' vocabulary.
- 1. Introduction, text: "Tan fangxiang"
- 2. text: "Beijing de chuzuche", "Beijing de gongjiaoche"
- 3. text: "Beijing Xiushuijie", "Pai zhao yu xi zhaopian"
- 4. text: "Wenhou de xuewen", "Jieshao he lijie"
- 5. text: "Zai Zhongguo ruhe da dianhua",
- 6. text: "Zhongliang de bijiao he jianshen", "Xi yifu de xuewen"
- 7. text: "Zai zhongguo lifa", "Zhongguo de jiudian"
- 8. text: "Yijian de biaoda", "Shuzi de yongfa"
- 9. text: "Zhongguo zixingche de wangguo", "Beijing guwancheng"
- 10. text: "Beijing huochezhan", "Gaobie de liyi"
- 11. text: "Zhongguoren yu jianshen yudong", "Shi er shengxiao"
- 12. Conclusion
- required literature
- Elektronická učebnice, link dostanou studenti na hodině
- recommended literature
- Úvod do hovorové čínštiny. I. Edited by Oldřich Švarný - Čang Ťing-Jü Rotterová - Josef Bartůšek. Vyd. 1. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1967. 458 s. info
- Úvod do hovorové čínštiny. II. Edited by Oldřich Švarný. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1967. 606 s. info
- Teaching methods
- - students' home preparation includes: acquiring of new vocabulary, preparation for the text translation
- the course has a seminar layout: reading and transaltion of the text, explanation of new grammar, interpretation of cultural realia in the texts, exmination of students' home preparation
- Assessment methods
- Course completion is conditioned with regular attendance (max. 1 skipped classes permitted), active participation, and home preparation.
Evaluation: regular testing of new vocabulary (min.70%), or of new grammar; reading comprehension questions during the class.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses