FF:UZAJ5046 General Methodology Exam - Course Information
UZAJ5046 General Methodology ExamFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Nicola Catherine Fořtová, B.A., M.A. (lecturer)
Mgr. Linda Nepivodová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jana Chamonikolasová, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- NOW ( UZAJ5044 Methodology II ) && NOW ( UZAJ5045 Syllabus, Lesson and Course ) && NOW ( UZAJ5047 Teaching Practice )
UZAJ2011 UZAJ2022 UZAJ2023 UZAJ2034 UZAJ2035
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 0/20
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in English Language and Literature (programme FF, N-SS)
- Course objectives
- This is not a course. It is the general exam on methodology that the students sit before they undertake School Placement - external practice teaching.
- The exam tests the content of the pre-requisite courses listed above, none of which have closing exams.
- Teaching By Principles: An Interactive Approach to Language Pedagogy
- Teaching methods
- This is not a taught course.
- Assessment methods
- Working in groups of 2 or 3, trainees study one student each in their practice teaching class across the whole semester and make a comparative case study. You will measure/analyse your students’ learning styles (the sort of tasks they responded best to), competence and performance, classroom and online behaviour, and the progress they make in one skill and one system. It is important to decide during the first month of the semester which skill and system your group will focus on so that you can analyse the progress longitudinally. The linguistic analysis and the teaching/learning observation is the central element in your case study.
The result will be a co-authored 3,000 word report showing tables/graphs, screenshots, photos of students at work, and most importantly accounting for their learning and your teaching in terms of linguistics, language acquisition studies and practical methodology. Accurate use of terminology is essential.
It should be emailed as a pdf attachment to both addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. ten days before the colloquium.
The colloquium is an oral examination when you come, as the group, to defend your report.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.