FF:KSCA010 Chinese Language V - Course Information
KSCA010 Chinese Language VFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/4/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Hsiang-Ping Liao (seminar tutor)
Yu shan Chou (alternate examiner)
Wei-lun Lu, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Lucie Olivová, MA, Ph.D., DSc.
Department of Chinese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Zuzana Pospěchová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Chinese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 9:10–10:45 U22, Tue 12:30–14:05 U25
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- KSCA009 Chinese IV
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to apply knowledge acquired during previous language courses on unknown text in Chinese; the emphasis will be put on understanding of sentence structure and gradual building of students' vocabulary.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to:
1.understand the main points of Ch12-20.
2.understand texts that consist mainly of high frequency everyday or job-related language.
3.deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
4.deal with unprepared conversation on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life.
5.present clear, detailed descriptions on a wide range of subjects related to my ﬁeld of interest.
6.explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- Integrated Chinese Level 2 Part 2 Ch 12-20
- ●details will show on the first class.
- Teaching methods
- lectures, class discussion, role play, oral presentation, drills, homework, quizzes
- Assessment methods
- ● Criteria
1. attendance 30%
(Sick leave should with certificate)
(3 unexcused absence allowed during the semester-together with the course KSCB119)
2. assignment 30%
3. test 20%
4. presentation 10%
5.class performance 10%
70%↑, can attend final exam. / 70%↓ can’t attend final exam (fail).
●●●Final exam : 70%↑: pass, 70%↓: fail●●●
the details will show on the first class.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
General note: Posluchači Kulturních studií Číny povinně zapisují v 5. semestru studia.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Zápis mimo Kulturní studia Číny je podmíněn souhlasem vyučujícího.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses