FF:RLA14 Minor Thesis Seminar - Course Information
RLA14 Minor Thesis SeminarFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. PhDr. Luboš Bělka, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jakub Cigán, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Milan Fujda, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Aleš Chalupa, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Radek Kundt, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Dalibor Papoušek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. David Václavík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Valtrová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. David Zbíral, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Iva Doležalová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Zuzana Kubovčáková, M.A., Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Dušan Vávra, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. David Zbíral, Ph.D.
Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Šárka Londa Vondráčková
Supplier department: Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 17:30–19:05 pracovna
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
RLA14/JC: No timetable has been entered into IS. J. Cigán
RLA14/MF: No timetable has been entered into IS. M. Fujda
RLA14/AC: No timetable has been entered into IS. A. Chalupa
RLA14/RK: No timetable has been entered into IS. R. Kundt
RLA14/DP: No timetable has been entered into IS. D. Papoušek
RLA14/DaV: No timetable has been entered into IS. D. Václavík
RLA14/JV: No timetable has been entered into IS. J. Valtrová
RLA14/DZ: No timetable has been entered into IS. D. Zbíral
RLA14/ID: No timetable has been entered into IS. I. Doležalová
RLA14/ZK: No timetable has been entered into IS. Z. Kubovčáková
RLA14/DuV: No timetable has been entered into IS. D. Vávra
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The subject is focused on the preparation of Minor Bachelor's thesis. In addition to several joint seminars devoted to student presentations of preliminary versions of Minor Bachelor's theses research projects, the course consists of individual consultations with individual theses supervisors according to the student's needs and regarding the level and progress of the work. The thesis solves a partial research problem in a complexity corresponding to the type of study.
Based on topic specification and individual consultations with a thesis supervisor, the students will receive an official assignment of bachelor's thesis.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon successful completion of this course, students:
- Prove the ability to design a research problem and specify a research question
- will be able to choose the appropriate method for addressing a particular research question
- be able to compose a concise research project
- will be able to conduct a thorough bibliographic research to solve a selected research problem
- An introductory class; student presentations of provisional versions of Minor Bachelor's theses projects; individual consultations with the thesis supervisor
- required literature
- KUBÁTOVÁ, Helena and Dušan ŠIMEK. Od abstraktu do závěrečné práce : jak napsat diplomovou práci ve společenskovědních a humanitních oborech : praktická příručka. 4., přeprac. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2007. 90 s. ISBN 9788024415895. info
- POKORNÝ, Jiří. Úspěšnost zaručena : jak efektivně zpracovat a obhájit diplomovou práci. Vyd. 1. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2004. 207 s. ISBN 807204348X. info
- recommended literature
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- Teaching methods
- Individual work on the final version of the Bachelor's thesis, consultations with the thesis supervisor; a presentation of the preliminary version of the Bachelor's thesis project on a joint seminar.
- Assessment methods
- Colloquium is awarded by the course coordinator based on consultations with theses supervisors
Conditions for the successful completion of the course
(a) preparation of the final version of the Bachelor's thesis project, on the basis of which the thesis supervisor will compose the official assignment of the Minor Bachelor's thesis and enter it into Masaryk University Information System (80%);
(b) presentation of the topic of the Minor Bachelor's thesis and a preliminary version the Minor Bachelor's thesis project by the student at a joint seminar (20%).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Posluchači religionistiky povinně zapisují v 5. semestru studia.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses