FF:VIKMA10 Information Politics - Course Information
VIKMA10 Information PoliticsFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Pavla Kovářová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jan Matula, PhD. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Petr Škyřík, Ph.D.
Division of Information and Library Studies - Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Alice Lukavská
Supplier department: Division of Information and Library Studies - Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
- Fri 12:00–13:40 D21
- Student should know the basics of information science before entering the course, especially topics linked to social problems, and basic LIS terms.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Information and Library Studies (programme FF, N-IS) (2)
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course the student will be able to:
know the current objectives of the EU and the Czech Republic in the field of information policy and be able to design a project that matches,
know the key past and current projects and services of eGovernment,
evaluate the service or practice of eGovernment
know the limits of working with information and information technologies set forth by Czech laws and EU directives,
orient and use information systems providing access to public information by law,
understand and apply safety principles to support eGovernment and eCommerce,
explain the opportunities and the status of educational institutions in the context of information policy,
know basic processes in Business and Competitive Intelligence.
- Concept of information policy, eGovernment and related
- Repetition: protection of personal information, freedom of information, some information society services
- EU Information Policy
- Strategic documents of information policy in the EU and the Czech Republic
- eGovernment evaluation (D. Spacek)
- Basic registers and PAIS, open data in the public sector, e-Health
- E-signature, data boxes, e-procurement
- IP and education, IP and libraries
- Information industry
- Business intelligence
- required literature
- ŠPAČEK, David. eGovernment : cíle, trendy a přístupy k jeho hodnocení. Vyd. 1. V Praze: C.H. Beck, 2012. xix, 258. ISBN 9788074002618. info
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical training.
Group analysis of the current IP cases.
Tasks (written and practical) to solved topics
- Assessment methods
- Ongoing tasks during the semester. Written exam at the end of the semester.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/VIKMA10