FF:LJSPFF2 Latin for FF II - Course Information
LJSPFF2 Latin for the Students of the Faculty of Arts IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus 1 credit for an exam). Recommended Type of Completion: z (credit). Other types of completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Mgr. Petra Mutlová, M.A., Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marie Okáčová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Katarina Petrovićová, Ph.D.
Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jitka Erlebachová
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- LJSPFF2/02: Wed 15:00–16:35 A32 stara, P. Mutlová
- Prerequisite for the attendance is the completion of the Latin for the Students of the Faculty of Arts I. Exceptions are possible after a consultation with the teacher.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 120 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/120, only registered: 0/120, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/120
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 446 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course aims at providing students with the basics of Latin grammar system. The emphasis is placed on gaining the gist of the system and of the functions of individual grammatical categories and their appropriate terming. Students master common forms of nouns and verbs and the principles of their formation. Attention is also paid to the most frequent syntactic features. Concerning the vocabulary, students are taught the frequent word roots many of which appear in the modern languages. At the end of this course, students are able to read elementary Latin texts. The knowledge of the principles of Latin grammatical system and the basic vocabulary gives students a good basis for the study of other languages.
- verbs – tenses of the perfect system (perfect, pluperfect, future perfect), perfect and future infinitive, subjunctive mood; irregular verbs, participles, the gerund and gerundive, supine.
- independent uses of the subjunctive, consecutive clauses, indirect speech, participle constructions, periphrastic conjugation, ablative absolute; uses of accusative and nominative in subordinate clauses, gerundive constructions.
- Pech, J. Latina pro gymnázia I. 4. vyd. Praha : Leda, 1998. 404 s. ISBN 8085927470.
- Novotný, F. (ed.). Základní latinská mluvnice. 2. vyd., v H & H 1. Jinočany : H & H, 1992. 297 s. ISBN 80-85467-91-7.
- Pech, J. Latina pro gymnázia II. 2. vyd. Praha : Leda, 1999. 471 s. ISBN 8085927527.
- Pražák, J. M. - Sedláček, J. - Novotný, F. Latinsko-český slovník., L-Z. 1. vyd. Praha : Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1955. 684 s.
- Pražák, J. M. - Sedláček, J. - Novotný, F. Latinsko-český slovník., A-K. Praha : Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1955. viii, 743.
- Assessment methods
- Active participation in the seminars (min. 75% attendance) and regular preparation of grammar and translation assignments are the essential requirements for obtaining the credit. The grade is determined based on the performance in a final written test where students’ mastery of basic grammar is tested through a translation of a short self-contained Latin passage (dictionaries allowed).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 0.