FF:PV1B39 Codicology - Course Information
PV1B39 CodicologyFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. PhDr. Helena Krmíčková, Dr. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Petr Elbel, Ph.D.
Department of Auxiliary Historical Sciences and Archive Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Martina Maradová
Supplier department: Department of Auxiliary Historical Sciences and Archive Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 9:10–10:45 L32
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course of Codicology provides a comprehensive overview of manuscripts and manuscript libraries, the origins of manuscripts, their types and users, with the principles of their description, the development of manuscript libraries and the most important manuscript collections in Europe, Bohemia and Moravia as well as with the medieval book-lists.
- The history of codicology.
- Manuscript libraries.
- The most common types of manuscripts.
- The manuscript libraries of the Czech Republic.
- HLAVÁČEK, Ivan. Úvod do latinské kodikologie. 2. dopl. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 1994. 96 s. ISBN 80-7066-883-0. info
- BOHATCOVÁ, Mirjam. Česká kniha v proměnách staletí. 1. vyd. Praha: Panorama, 1990. 622 s. ISBN 80-7038-131-0. info
- Hlaváček, Ivan: Knihy a knihovny v českém středověku, Praha 2005
- Pražák, Jiří: Výbor kodikologických a paleografických rozprav a studií, Praha 2006
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Faculty of Arts as Centre of Excellence in Education: Complex Innovation of Study Programmes and Fields at FF MU with Regard to the Requirements of the Knowledge Economy“ – Reg. No. CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0228, which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses