FF:PJA109 Phonetics and Phonology of Pol - Course Information
PJA109 Phonetics and Phonology of PolishFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Roman Madecki, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Roman Madecki, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Roman Madecki, Ph.D.
Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Roman Madecki, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Fri 9:10–10:45 B2.21
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- PJA101 Elements of Linguistics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Polish Language and Literature (programme FF, B-FI) (2)
- Polish Language and Literature (programme FF, B-HS)
- Polish with orientation on Commercial Practice, Services and Travel (programme FF, B-FI)
- Course objectives
- The course of Polish phonetics and phonology presents theoretically and practically, the sounds of Polish. It covers information about vowels and consonants, stress, intonation, rhythm, assimilation. Pronunciation practice is an integral part of this course. At the end of the course students should be able to know terminology of phonetics and phonology, to understand and explain theoretical base of both disciplines and be able to use it in practice.
- Phonetics: 1. Subject of phonetics
- 2. History of phonetics and methods of phonetic research
- 5. Phonetic transcription
- 6. Organs of articulation
- 8. Acoustic and articulation features of Polish vowels and consonants
- 9. Problematics of relation between ortography and pronunciation
- 10. Assimilations
- 11. Accent and intonation
- 1. Subject of phonology
- 2. History of phonology
- 3. Basic phonological elements
- 4. Distinctive features
- 5. Phonological oppositions
- 6. Phonemic variants
- 6. Karaś, M; Madejowa, M.: Słownik wymowy polskiej PWN, Warszawa 1977
- 3. Dłuska, M.: Prozodia języka polskiego. Warszawa 1976
- 1. Balowski, M.: Fonetika a fonologie současné polštiny. Praha 1993
- 2. Dłuska, M.: Fonetyka Polska. Warszawa - Kraków 1981
- 5. Madelska, L; Witaszek - Samborska, M.: Zapis fonetyczny - zbiór ćwiczeń, Poznań 1991
- OSTASZEWSKA, Danuta and Jolanta TAMBOR. Fonetyka i fonologia współczesnego języka polskiego. Wyd. 1. Warszawa: Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN, 2000. 142 s. ISBN 8301129921. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures (practically exemplified theoretical information), practical exercises (pronunciation, phonetic transcription), reading of recommended literature, homeworks.
- Assessment methods
- Active participation, final written test (phonetic transcription, ca 8 theoretical tasks, the students must get at least 60 % of points).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses