FF:CJX013 A Thesis Seminar - Course Information
CJX013 A Thesis SeminarFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 15 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Miroslav Balaštík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jitka Bednářová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Hana Bočková, Dr. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Petr Bubeníček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Zbyněk Fišer, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Michal Fránek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Luisa Nováková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Michaela Soleiman pour Hashemi, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Milan Suchomel, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jan Tlustý, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Zuzana Urválková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Vlastimil Válek, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Zbyněk Fišer, Ph.D.
Department of Czech Literature and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Eva Zachová
Supplier department: Department of Czech Literature and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 10:50–12:25 U33
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- CJA072 Academic Writing
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Student consultations with the thesis advisor, which take place based on the needs of the student and with a view to the quality and completedness of the work. The diploma thesis addresses a scholarly issue at a level appropriate to the degree being pursued. In the diploma thesis the student must demonstrate the ability to work independently in keeping with academic standards, a knowledge and understanding of the relevant scholarly literature and the ability to analyze the issue under study.
Upon completion of this course, students are able to appraise theoretical approaches and formulate research methods and a research plan in the area relating to the thesis topic. They are able to assemble the relevant materials and construct a bibliography. They understand and are able to implement the appropriate norms and standards of academic discourse and writing.
- The goal of the diploma seminar is to assist the student in completing the diploma thesis and prepare for its successful defence. This timetable for the consultations is arranged on an individual basis.
- The course prepares students for writing their final thesis. It may take the form of formally-organized contact hours or individual consultations with the thesis supervisor, depending on the specific demands of the degree program and thesis topic.
- Further literature for the diploma thesis seminar is assigned on an individual basis based on the topic of the thesis. | (in Czech) Literatura pro diplomový seminář je předepsána individuálně podle tématu práce.
- KUBÁTOVÁ, Helena and Dušan ŠIMEK. Od abstraktu do závěrečné práce : jak napsat diplomovou práci ve společenskovědních a humanitních oborech : praktická příručka. 4., přeprac. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2007. 90 s. ISBN 9788024415895. info
- POKORNÝ, Jiří. Úspěšnost zaručena : jak efektivně zpracovat a obhájit diplomovou práci. Vyd. 1. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2004. 207 s. ISBN 807204348X. info
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- Teaching methods
- Individual consultations.
- Assessment methods
- Credit for this course is awarded by the thesis supervisor based on his/her evaluation of the student’s progress in developing and/or writing the diploma thesis.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.