FF:PJA305 Language Practice and Conversa - Course Information
PJA305 Language Practice and Conversation IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Malgorzata Balcerzak (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Roman Madecki, Ph.D.
Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Malgorzata Balcerzak
Supplier department: Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- PJA302 Language Practice and Conversation I
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- This course of Polish for advanced encompasses 2 semesters (1st and 2nd). Its main goal is developing students’ all-round communicative skills. The basis part of the course is conversation on up-to-date topics regarding situation in today Poland. There are also included lexis and grammatical exercises, conversations, texts analyses and translation. The teacher uses original, not-tuned texts from Polish press and audio materials. The level of Polish knowledge after this course is C1 ‘upper-intermediate level’.
After completing the course students will be able to:
- understand and explain grammatical structures adequate to the course level
- use information and lexis in communication with native speakers
- build correct grammatical structures
- interprete Polish texts
- read, write and speak in proper Polish
- know Polish orthography rules
- Grammar and vocabulary based on the textbook "Polski mniej obcy".
- required literature
- Madeja, A.: Polski mniej obcy, Katowice 2007
- not specified
- Lipińska, Ewa. Elżbieta Grażyna Dąmbska. Kiedyś wrócisz tu. Kraków 2003.
- Szelc-Mays, Magdalena. Coś wam powiem... Kraków 2002.
- Pyzik, Józef. Przygoda z gramatyką. Kraków 2000.
- Garncarek, Piotr. Czas na czasownik. Kraków 2002.
- Mędak, Stanisław. Co z czym? Kraków 2002.
- Pyzik, Józef. Iść czy jechać? Kraków 2003.
- 3. Jurkowski, M; Jekiel, W; Wasilewska, D; Wrocławski, K.: Uczymy się polskiego, Warszawa 1984
- 2. Gołkowski, M; Kiermut, A; Kuc, M; Majewska, M.: Gdybym znał dobrze język polski, Warszawa 1991
- 5. Miodunka, W.: Uczymy się polskiego 2, Warszawa 1996
- 4. Bartnicka, B; Dąbkowski, G; Jekiel, W.: Uczymy się polskiego, Kielce1994
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical preparing, oral and writing exercises, group projects, presentations, homeworks, reading, conversations.
- Assessment methods
- The course is completed with test (min. 75 %) and oral exam. During the semester student is obligated to: -contributions to discussion - currently preparation for classes - prepare 15 minutes presentation - class participation (2 absences allowed)
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every other week.