FF:RLBcB113 Hebrew II - Course Information
RLBcB113 Hebrew IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Simona Pöder Innerhofer, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Simona Pöder Innerhofer, Ph.D.
Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Ivona Vrzalová
Supplier department: Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 8:00–9:40 G23
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! RLB113 Hebrew II
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/30, only registered: 0/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquaint students with more advanced grammar of Biblical Hebrew in general, linguistic, literary and historical context. During the lessons, the students will learn about the other grammar and vocabulary of this language, they will be able to read the simpler passages from the Hebrew Bible and also translate them. Great emphasis is put on practising grammar.
- Learning outcomes
- Strong verb, basic root kal and its forms: perfectum, imperfectum, participle active and passive, imperative, infinitive, cohortative.
Expressen of tenses.
Pronoun suffixes and their use in Hebrew.
Nouns with pronoun suffixes.
Some propositions with pronoun suffixes.
- After completing this course, the student will know: • find the verb according to its root • use elementary vocabulary • use basic grammatical rules • recognize the verbal root word and derive from it the meanings of other verb forms • suffixes and their usage in Hebrew • some prepositions with pronominal suffixes • regular verb in perfect • regular verb in imperfect • imperative
- WEINGREEN, J. Učebnice biblické hebrejštiny. Translated by Mlada Mikulicová - Josef Hermach. 1. čes. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 1997. 357 s. ISBN 8071843458. info
- Teaching methods
- The course will include an explanation of the basic grammar of Biblical Hebrew, reading and interpretation of literary texts. There will be frequent discussions and group work with translations.
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Příprava na hodiny (interpretace textů, krátké překlady, čtení materiálů), 80% docházka. Závěrečný rozhovor se bude skládat z biblické pasáže, kterou si vybere student a poté z další, kterou vybere vyučující.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2021/RLBcB113