FF:KRMgrDipl Master's Thesis - Course Information
KRMgrDipl Master's ThesisFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Bc. Kateřina Bočková Loudová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Irena Radová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Steklá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Irena Radová, Ph.D.
Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jitka Erlebachová
Supplier department: Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
- KRBcZk B.A. Final Exam || KRBcSZk B.A. Final Exam
Gaining of the appropriate number of credit points in M. A. study of the Classical Greek Language and Literature. Enrollment into the Master of Arts Diploma Thesis Seminar.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to finish and submit the Master's thesis.
- Learning outcomes
- Master's thesis: the required length of Bachelor's thesis depends on its field and topic, yet a minimum of 140,000 characters is required. The electronic version is submitted to IS MU. The printed version must be typed on white paper (A4), pages should be numbered and bound in a hard-back. The title page which includes the name of the university, the faculty and the department, the name of the thesis, the name of its author and its supervisor and the year when the thesis was written is obligatory.
The Master's thesis also includes the author's declaration that the thesis is his work, the table of contents and the list of the works cited. The topics for Master's theses are assigned mainly by the teachers listed in the course catalogue. There is a public defence of the Master's thesis at the Department of Classical Studies, see the study regulations.
- The student chooses the topic of his Master's thesis after a consultation with the teacher of a related course from the Ancient Greek language or literature. The teacher also recommends the supervisor for the Master's thesis.
- The nature of the syllabus depends on the topic of the M. A. Diploma Thesis. It usually includes:
- searching for the literature;
- searching in the sources;
- treatment of the constituent problems;
- formulation of individual chapters;
- treatment of the notes and supplements;
- list of the literature and sources
- recommended literature
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- KATUŠČÁK, Dušan, Barbora DROBÍKOVÁ and Richard PAPÍK. Jak psát závěrečné a kvalifikační práce : jak psát bakalářské práce, diplomové práce, dizertační práce, specializační práce, habilitační práce, seminární a ročníkové práce, práce studentské vědecké a odborné činnosti,. [1. české vyd.]. Nitra: Enigma, 2008. 161 s. ISBN 9788089132706. info
- Další literaturu zadává vyučující podle povahy práce.
- Teaching methods
- Individual tutorial. Examination of the plan of the thesis structure, introduction and methodology. Examination of particular analysis and conclusions.
- Assessment methods
- Submission and defence of the Master's Thesis. Required parts of diploma thesis: synopsis, introduction, text analysis, argumentation and conclusion.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: individuální konzultace.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2022/KRMgrDipl