PřF:G7381 Rockforming fossils - Course Information
G7381 Rockforming fossilsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Nela Doláková, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Šárka Hladilová, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Nela Doláková, CSc.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr.
Supplier department: Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 1. 3. to Fri 14. 5. Wed 8:00–8:50 Gs,-1011, Wed 9:00–9:50 Gs,-1011; and Mon 31. 5. 8:00–12:00 Gs,-1011
- ! G7381k Rockforming fossils && ! NOW ( G7381k Rockforming fossils ) && ( G1081 Palaeontology || G1081k Palaeontology )
Basic knowledge of general nad systematick Paleontology, exam of Paleontology I
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 38 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Knowledges about rockforming fossil groups - organisms forming the rocks by the living or postmortal activity.
Methods and possibilities of this activity, environment of origin.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student should be thoroughly familiar with the main rock-forming fossils.
- Activity of rganisms: disturbing - transporting- creating
- The way of origin of the hard skeletons, material of shells and skeltons
- Basic nomenclature of carbonate petrography, environment of origin of carbonate rosks
- Organisms forming the overgrows
- Organisms theirs hard particles accumulate as the sedimentary particles
- Oil and coalforming organisms
- Teaching methods
- The course consists of lectures and practical exercises focused on the study of rockforming organisms (both micro and macrofossils) and rocks originating due to their activities.
- Assessment methods
- The ending of the course is in the form of graded credit based on practical determination of individual rockforming fossil group (both macro- and microfossils)and ability of interpretation of environment and time of origin of these rocks.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught once in two years.
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: Bude otevřeno v jarním semestru 2020/2021.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2021/G7381