PřF:C7010 Nucleic acids chemistry - Course Information
C7010 Chemical properties, structure and interactions of nucleic acidsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 3/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Emil Paleček, DrSc. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Miroslav Fojta, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Emil Paleček, DrSc.
Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 18 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Introduction. Nucleic acids - history. DNA double helix. Isolation and characterisation of nucleic acids. Physical properties of DNA and DNA conformation. Supercoil-stabilised local DNA structures. Nucleases, topoisomerases, helicases, ligases. Covalent interactions of Nas with small molecules. Reversible interactions of small molecules with DNA. Structure of RNA. Methods of nucleic acids analysis. Gene therapy. Oligonucleotides and their analogues. DNA-protein interactions. DNA structure and interactions in biomedicine. Protein p53 and its interactions with DNA.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.