PřF:C7010 Diploma seminar I - Course Information
C7010 Diploma seminar from biochemistry IFaculty of Science
Autumn 2011 - acreditation
The information about the term Autumn 2011 - acreditation is not made public
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Petr Skládal, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Glatz, CSc.
Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- For students of the 1st year of MSc specialization in Biochemistry.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- This seminar has two goals: In the first part, students are presenting reviews from their practical placements realized in advance. They share information related to the current situation of biochemically-oriented facilities, they discuss about the realized methods and technical procedures. The second part is focused on the presentations of current trends in biochemistry, student prepare and present overviews based on their studies of selected contributions from the Trends in Biochemical Sciences journal. This way, participants become familiar with recent new research directions in biochemistry, and at the same time, they practisize learning from English literature sources and improve presentation and communication skills.
- Organization of the seminar, preparation of time schedule of student contributions.
- Presentation of experience achived during practical placements.
- Presentation of new trends in biochmistry using Trends in Biochemical Sciences.
- VOET, Donald and Judith G. VOET. Biochemistry. 3rd ed. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons, 2004. xv, 1591. ISBN 0471417610. info
- Teaching methods
- seminars, preparation and presentation of 2 reports
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: dle oboru.