PřF:C7010 Diploma seminar I - Course Information
C7010 Diploma seminar from biochemistry IFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- doc. Mgr. Jan Lochman, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Miloslava Fojtová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Jan Havliš, Dr. (seminar tutor)
prof. Mgr. Lukáš Žídek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Karel Kubíček, PhD. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jan Lochman, Ph.D.
Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- C7010/01: Mon 11:00–12:50 C05/114, J. Lochman
C7010/02: Mon 15:00–16:50 C05/114, J. Lochman
C7010/03: Wed 13:00–14:50 C02/211, M. Fojtová, J. Havliš
C7010/04: Thu 14:00–15:50 B11/205, K. Kubíček, L. Žídek
- For students of the 1st year of master's studies in the Biochemistry program
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The main goals of the seminar are to share the latest knowledge related to the study of Biochemistry and to further deepen and practice the ability to work with English literature, deepen the presentation skills and scientific communication skills of the student. During the seminar, students give English presentations concerning their current scientific results achieved in the elaboration of a bachelor's thesis at individual workplaces, including sharing information about the situation in the field and discussing the methodologies and approaches used. Furthermore, students prepare papers on the latest findings presented in top journals.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students will be able to prepare their own presentations, discuss the latest scientific findings in top journals and gain advanced knowledge of the latest advances in the field of life sciences.
- Organization of the seminar, preparation of time schedule of student contributions.
- Presentation of experience achieved during practical placements.
- Presentation on the latest biochemical findings based on articles from scientific journals.
- VOET, Donald and Judith G. VOET. Biochemistry. 4th ed. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons, 2011. xxv, 1428. ISBN 9780470917459. info
- Teaching methods
- seminars, preparation and presentation of 2 reports
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
General note: dle oboru.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2021/C7010