PřF:F7050 Quantum electronics - Course Information
F7050 Quantum electronicsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 4/2/0. 4 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Jan Janča, DrSc. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Jan Janča, DrSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jan Janča, DrSc.
Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jan Janča, DrSc.
- Atomic, nuclear and particle physics. Quantum mechanics. Theory of elmg. field.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Introduction to radiospectroscopy. Spectrum of atomic hydrogen. Rabi method of magnetic moment measurements.Atoms with equivalent electrons. Hierarchy of atomic and molecular terms. Dipole iradiation. Transition probabilities. Back-Goudsmit effect and fine structure of spectral lines. Form faktor and width of spectral lines. Quantum system as an amplifier of stimulated emission of radiation. Threshold conditions for population inversion. Quantum gain and quality of optical resonator. Einstein kinetic equation. Saturation of absoption and amplification.Three level and four level quantum systems. Lasers on solid states. Optical resonators and irradiation systems. Ruby and neodymum laser. Gaseous lasers. Laser He-Ne, argon and CO2. Dye and chemical lasewrs. Impulse lasers. Lasers on free electrons. Generation of giant pulses. Mode locking. Semiconductor lasers. Lasers in science and technology. Pseudovibronic spectrum of NH3 and maser on NH3. Electron and nuclear spin resonance. NMR tomography. Masers on paramagnetic materials. Fundamental non-linear effects in quantum electronics. Generation of second and third harmonics. Prametric generation of light. Multiphoton absorption.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.