PřF:C3220 Advanced C Programming - Course Information
C3220 Advanced C Programming for ChemistsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Martin Prokop, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Martin Prokop, Ph.D.
National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
- C2160 C for Chemists
Basic experience with operating system UNIX (e.g. C2110 course).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 18 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/18, only registered: 0/18
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Chemoinformatics and Bioinformatics (programme PřF, B-BCH)
- Course objectives
- The course is focused on advanced programming in C and C++ language. At the end of this course, students should be able to: understand principles of object oriented programming; have basic knowledge of C++ language programming; understand basic principles of graphical user interface programming; develop simple programs for visualization of scientific data.
- Principles of object oriented programming. Programming language C++. Classes in C++. Class members.
- Inheritance and polymorphism.
- Dynamic memory allocation. Input and output handling in C++.
- Exception handling. Name spaces. Templates.
- Standard C++ library.
- Graphical user interface libraries. Events processing and message handling. Using windows.
- Graphics device interface. Keyboard and mouse handling.
- Menus. Dialog windows. Components of dialog windows.
- 3D graphics application interfaces. OpenGL basics.
- Object oriented libraries for numerical calculations, chemical and scientific applications.
- Development of plugins and modules for chemical programs.
- Examples of selected chemoinformatic and bioinformatic problem solutions.
- Šaloun, Petr: Programovací jazyk C++ pro zelenáče. Praha: Neocortex, 2005. 252 s. ISBN 80-86330-18-4.
- VIRIUS, Miroslav. Pasti a propasti jazyka C++ : podrobný průvodce pokročilého uživatele. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 1997. 251 s. ISBN 8071696072. info
- Assessment methods
- Lectures and practical exercises in computer classroom. Colloquium consists of development of simple graphical program visualizing selected scientific problem.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.