PřF:C3220 Advanced C Programming - Course Information
C3220 Advanced C Programming for ChemistsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Martin Prokop, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Martin Prokop, Ph.D.
National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
- Wed 10:00–11:50 C04/118
- C2160 C for Chemists
Basic experience with operating system UNIX (e.g. C2110 course).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 18 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/18, only registered: 0/18, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/18
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Chemoinformatics and Bioinformatics (programme PřF, B-BCH)
- Course objectives
- The course is focused on object programming in C++ language. The main emphasis is directed to practical usage of programming in chemistry and bioinformatics. At the end of this course, students will be able to apply their knowledge of C++ language in development of advanced programs solving problems from chemistry, bioinformatics and other natural sciences.
- Principles of object oriented programming. Programming language C++.
- Classes in C++, class members.
- References, overloaded functions, operators.
- Inheritance of classes.
- Formated input and output.
- Templates, containers.
- Dynamic memory allocation, virtual methods.
- File input and output, reading and writing PDB file.
- Graphical output using object oriented graphical libraries.
- Development of interactive graphical programs.
- 3D graphics application interfaces, OpenGL basics.
- Name spaces, exception handling.
- Šaloun, Petr: Programovací jazyk C++ pro zelenáče. Praha: Neocortex, 2005. 252 s. ISBN 80-86330-18-4.
- LIBERTY, Jesse. Naučte se C++ za 21 dní. Vyd. 1. Praha: Computer Press, 2002. xxiv, 766. ISBN 8072267744. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and practical exercises using computers.
- Assessment methods
- Colloquium consists of development of simple interactive graphical program visualizing selected problem from chemistry or bioinformatics.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information