PřF:Bi9061 Bioinformatics - practice - Course Information
Bi9061 Bioinformatics - practiceFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr. (lecturer)
Mgr. Eva Šebestová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- Bi9061/01: Wed 16:00–17:50 A1/609 - IBA (A1,6.p, Kamenice 3), J. Damborský, E. Šebestová
Bi9061/02: Wed 9:00–10:50 A1/609 - IBA (A1,6.p, Kamenice 3), J. Damborský, E. Šebestová
- ( NOW ( Bi9060 Bioinformatics ) || NOW ( Bi5000 PC in molecular biology )) && ! C9081 Bioinformatics
ability to study in English
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 60 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/60, only registered: 0/60, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/60
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 14 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- In practical part of the Bioinformatics course we will demonstrate a number of the programs on the Internet that are used most commonly in DNA and proteomic research.
- I. INTRODUCTION
- II. INFORMATION NETWORKS
- III. PROTEIN INFORMATION RESOURCES
- IV. GENOME INFORMATION RESOURCES
- V. DNA SEQUENCE ANALYSIS
- VI. PAIRWISE SEQUENCE ALIGNMENT
- VII. MULTIPLE SEQUENCE ALIGNMENT
- VIII. SECONDARY DATABASE SEARCHING
- IX. ANALYSIS PACKAGES
- X. PROTEIN STRUCTURE MODELLING
- Introduction to Bioinformatics, T.K. Attwood & D.J. Parry-Smith, Longman, Essex, 1999.
- Teaching methods
- class discussion, group projects
- Assessment methods
- Written test: 50 questions Oral examination: practical (in Czech or in English)
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information