PřF:Bi9061 Bioinformatics - practice - Course Information
Bi9061 Bioinformatics - practiceFaculty of Science
Autumn 2011 - acreditation
The information about the term Autumn 2011 - acreditation is not made public
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Roman Pantůček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Veronika Oškerová, Ph.D. (assistant)
Mgr. Eva Šebestová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( Bi9060 Bioinformatics II ) || NOW ( Bi5000 Bioinformatics I ) && ! C9081 Bioinformatics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 60 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/60, only registered: 0/60, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/60
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- In practical part of the Bioinformatics course we will demonstrate a number of the programs on the Internet that are used most commonly in DNA and proteomic research.
- I. INTRODUCTION
- II. INFORMATION NETWORKS
- III. PROTEIN INFORMATION RESOURCES
- IV. GENOME INFORMATION RESOURCES
- V. DNA SEQUENCE ANALYSIS
- VI. PAIRWISE SEQUENCE ALIGNMENT
- VII. MULTIPLE SEQUENCE ALIGNMENT
- VIII. SECONDARY DATABASE SEARCHING
- IX. ANALYSIS PACKAGES
- X. PROTEIN STRUCTURE MODELLING
- Introduction to Bioinformatics, T.K. Attwood & D.J. Parry-Smith, Longman, Essex, 1999.
- Teaching methods
- class discussion, group projects
- Assessment methods
- Written test: 50 questions Oral examination: practical
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information