PřF:Bi9061 Bioinformatics - practice - Course Information
Bi9061 Bioinformatics - practiceFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Roman Pantůček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Eva Šebestová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Veronika Oškerová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- Bi9061/01: Thu 10:00–11:50 A9-316, J. Damborský, R. Pantůček, E. Šebestová
Bi9061/02: Thu 12:00–13:50 A9-316, J. Damborský, R. Pantůček, E. Šebestová
Bi9061/03: Thu 16:00–17:50 A9-316, J. Damborský, R. Pantůček, E. Šebestová
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( Bi9060 Bioinformatics II ) || NOW ( Bi5000 Bioinformatics I ) && ! C9081 Bioinformatics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 70 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/70, only registered: 0/70, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/70
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 11 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Students will gain practical understanding of several bioinformatic databases and tools commonly used in biological and biochemical research.
- 1. Bioinformatic databases
- 2. Manipulation with sequence data
- 3. Primer design and restriction analysis
- 4. Pairwise sequence alignment
- 5. Multiple sequence alignment
- 6. Gene prediction
- 7. Protein sequence analysis
- 8. Preparation of nucleotide sequence for database submission
- 9. Structure databases
- 10. Prediction of protein structure
- recommended literature
- CLAVERIE, Jean-Michel and Cedric NOTREDAME. Bioinformatics for dummies. 2nd ed. Hoboken, N.J.: Wiley, 2007. xviii, 436. ISBN 9780470089859. info
- Teaching methods
- practice in computer lab
- Assessment methods
- Written test - practical tasks
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information